CHRISTMAS is coming, and Amazon has some great new Alexa smart speaker features to help get you in the festive atmosphere.
Fun features include a “Hey Santa” experience for your kids and an interactive Christmas countdown routine.
Here are five Christmas Alexa hacks that you should try right now.
“Hey Santa Claus” on Alexa
The ability to talk to Santa via Alexa has been around for a few Christmases, but Amazon has added some new facets.
It explains: “We’ve introduced Santa, a new persona for Alexa that will bring Christmas cheer to the whole family.
“You can ask Santa to tell you a story, sing a song, make jokes, set a timer and more, just say “Alexa, turn on ‘Hey Santa'” to get started.
“Santa Claus also has a special duet with award-winning singer-songwriter Meghan Trainor. You can listen to it privately on some devices with Alexa by saying ‘Hey Santa, sing the song’ Your duet with Meghan Trainor “after turning on Hey Santa.”
Follow Santa Claus
Alexa will also help you locate Santa if you ask “Alexa, where’s Santa?” or “Alexa, how many days until Christmas?”
Check if you are on the good list
Ask “Alexa, am I on the good list?” if you want to find out your Christmas destiny.
Carrying out a festive ‘Process’
You can go to the Alexa app and set up a ‘Process’ for the Christmas countdown.
This tells you how many days are left until the big day, turn on your fairy lights and play carnival music.
Just make sure you have a smart plug for your Christmas lights.
Ask Alexa for Christmas cooking tips
If you need tips on Christmas recipes, you can ask “Alexa, how do you make gingerbread?” or “Alexa, how do you make liqueur?”
Other fun questions include “Alexa, sing a Christmas song” or “Alexa, do you like my Christmas suit?”
Question about Amazon Alexa Christmas
Try these on your own or with kids for a lot of festive fun…
Try the Hey Santa sayings to try (after enabling Hey Santa):
- “Hey Santa, sing We Wish You a Merry Christmas.”
- “Hey Santa, sing the 12 Days of Christmas.”
- “Hey Santa, sing Deck the Halls.”
- “Hey Santa, tell me a story.”
- “Hey Santa, tell me about the North Pole.”
- “Hey Santa, tell me about your reindeer.”
- “Hey Santa, can you laugh?”
- “Hey Santa, what’s your favorite food?”
- “Hey Santa, Merry Christmas”
- “Hey Santa, let’s dance.”
- “Hey Santa, tell me a joke.”
- “Hey Santa, let’s play a game.”
- “Hey Santa, give me some advice.”
Additional Christmas sayings to try with Alexa:
- “Alexa, where’s Santa Claus?”
- “Alexa, sing a Christmas song.”
- “Alexa, tell me a Christmas joke.”
- “Alexa, how many days until Christmas?”
- “Alexa, do you like my Christmas suit?”
- “Alexa, do you like my Christmas tree?”
- “Alexa, add baked potatoes to my shopping list.”
- “Alexa, am I on the good list?”
- “Alexa, does it snow on Christmas Day?”
- “Alexa, wake me up at 7 a.m. with Jingle Bells.”
- “Alexa, tell me a Christmas story.”
- “Alexa, how fast does Santa’s sleigh go?”
- “Alexa, what’s Santa’s address?”
- “Alexa, what’s the best Christmas movie?”
- “Alexa, what do you want for Christmas?”
In other news, smartphone experts are warning anyone thinking of buying an iPhone for Christmas to rethink.
WhatsApp is adding a cryptocurrency feature for some users in the United States.
And, we have revealed a scan iPhone documents trick you need to try.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for the US team The Sun?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/17071739/christmas-questions-to-ask-amazon-alexa-speaker/ Your kids will love this! Amazon Alexa Christmas Hack Including Messages From Santa