What Is the Best Document Generation Software?
Are you looking for document management software solution? If the answer is yes, you’re in the right place.
In this post, you’ll learn how to sample document creation software and pick a solution that precisely fits your requirements. You’ll also learn about some of the top providers and how their features differ.
Does Your Business Need Document Creation Software?
You may be unsure as to whether or not your business needs an advanced document creation solution. There’s a good chance that you’re getting by with a standard word processor like Microsoft Word or Google Docs.
However, document generation software fills a different set of business needs.
Document generation software offers much more than a traditional word processor. Users have access to a host of features that are designed to streamline the whole document management lifecycle, including automation tools, pre-written templates, and in-depth analytics.
Similarly, advanced document generation software integrates with your existing tech stack to enable the speedy transfer of data between platforms.
How to Pick Document Creation Software: A Quick Guide
Follow the steps below to ensure you find a solution that fits your needs:
- Take advantage of free trials and demos: There are a lot of options to choose from when it comes to document management software, from relatively basic apps all the way up to feature-rich enterprise solutions designed to be used by multiple employees. This is why it’s important to take advantage of free trials and demos to check if software is a fit not just for you but your whole team.
- Be clear about which features you require: Before putting together a list of potential apps, clarify exactly which features are non-negotiable. For example, you may require collaboration tools so multiple people can work on a single document at the same time. A library of pre-written templates available for immediate use, such as the one offered by PandaDoc, may also be a necessary requirement.
- Ensure that your chosen solution integrates with your tech stack: A solution that doesn’t integrate with your existing suite of applications will be limited in the way it can streamline your day-to-day workflow. Most advanced document generation tools have an assortment of integrations. However, not all integration libraries will be suitable for your existing technology infrastructure.
Document Creation Software: Top Picks
Here are four of the best document-generation apps currently on the market:
- PandaDoc: PandaDoc is a market leader and offers one of the largest feature sets of any solution, including a long-term “forever free” plan that allows for an unlimited amount of document uploads and deliveries.
- DocuSign: DocuSign is a well-known brand in the document management space. While it is focused more on the signing and delivery part of the document lifecycle, it does provide document generation and editing tools.
- Juro: Large companies looking for an extensive document management solution should consider Juro because of its flexible pricing options. Discounts are offered to organizations working in certain sectors, such as charities.
- Google Docs (Google Drive): If you only need a straightforward tool for creating documents (without sending or tracking functionality), then Google Docs is a good option because of its simple user interface and accompanying cloud storage facilities.