How to remove snow on the roof yourself
If you want to remove the snow yourself, instead of calling a plumber, the experts at Roofing Megastore provided the following tips:
1. The best way to remove snow from your roof is with a snow rake, which can be used to pull snow off the roof from the ground – much safer than working at height.
2. If you do not have a snow plow, do not use metal tools, as they can damage the roofing material.
3. Work your way down from the roof top (highest point), leaving a few inches of snow instead of scraping off your roof to minimize the risk of damage.
4. Be careful where you move the snow, don’t drop it anywhere in front of the door, and don’t freeze the snow pile anywhere on the roof, even if you plan to remove it later.
5. Finally, only remove snow from the roof when you feel it is safe. You always have the option to call a professional, or simply wait for the snow to melt.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16775177/weather-forecast-london-met-office-uk-snow-tracker-today/ Weather forecast LIVE – Exact date UK will suffer snow revealed as Arctic blast sees BRUTAL -7C temperatures plummet