Nowadays, siding is used for both external and internal cladding of buildings. Siding is not difficult to install, it can be installed using the simplest building tools. However, not everyone knows how to choose the right siding. Siding is made from wood, vinyl, metal, cement, PVC, while it can successfully imitate other materials. Different types of outdoor siding have their own advantages and disadvantages, which must be considered when making a choice.
Which siding in Framingham, MA to choose depends on the design and operating conditions of your home:
- Wooden — Its basis is a mixture of wood fibers, which is pressed under conditions of high temperature and pressure. The strength and water resistance of such a sheet is given by the addition of resins to the wood mixture.
- Vinyl — The most popular material in modern construction. According to statistics, it accounts for more than 50% of sales.
- Socle — In its composition, this type of siding is identical to vinyl. But its thickness reaches 3.5 mm.
- Metal — Rarely used in private construction due to the high cost. They are faced mainly with shopping centers or public buildings.
- Cement — Made by pressing cellulose fibers with cement, resulting in fiber cement panels for facade cladding.
Different types of siding for house cladding differ in strength, give less or more load on the subsystem, which is attached directly to the walls, may require special care or be completely unpretentious. The choice of siding is best agreed with a specialist of siding in Framingham, MA.
Which Material Is the Best?
Vinyl siding received its name thanks to polyvinyl chloride, which is its component by 80%.When exposed to fire, the material melts and does not support active combustion. It comes in a variety of colors. The most popular imitation of wooden lining. If the quality characteristics are important to you, pay attention to the cost. There are options in the production of which secondary raw materials are used, located in the lower layers of the material in the amount of 5%. A share of 15% is occupied by calcium carbonate, which affects the structural quality of products.
The advantages of vinyl siding are its relatively low price, long service life, resistance to bad weather and atmospheric phenomena. The structure of the material ensures the removal of excess moisture, resistance to sudden changes in temperature outside, to burning, rotting and corrosion. Moisture does not cause the emergence of fungi, mold and other harmful living organisms. Note, that only using professional siding services you can reach such effect. Otherwise, due to the unexperienced workers, you may regret in the future.
The surface of the material after several years of operation under the bright sun and heavy rains retains its original shade and texture. If you lay a layer of insulation between the vinyl siding and the wall, you will significantly reduce the cost of heating your home. At the same time, a comfortable microclimate will be maintained inside the premises, which is ensured by ventilation and vapor permeability of the facing material.