He also revealed the movie someone should watch if they’ve never seen anything he does.
With the director Nora Fingscheidt’s Unforgivable currently streaming on Netflix, I recently spoke with Vincent D’Onofrio about playing a helping lawyer. Sandra Bullockcharacter of social drama. If you haven’t watched the trailer, Bullock plays a person who has just been released from prison after committing a violent crime. As she tries to rejoin a society that refuses to forgive her past, her sole focus is on finding the sister she has lost contact with. Unforgivable also the stars Rob Morgan, Jon Bernthal, Richard Thomas, Linda Emmond, Aisling Franciosi, Emma Nelson, Will Pullen, Thomas Guiry and Viola Davis. The movie was written by Peter Craig (Town, Ugly for life), Hillary Seitz (Insomnia), and Courtenay Miles (Mind Hunter).
In the interview, D’Onofrio talked about why he’s drawn to content stories, why he enjoyed working with Sandra Bullock and Viola Davis, how The Unforgivable doesn’t give easy answers, why did he let his character come from the military, what drew him to the role, how he was ready for a challenging scene and more again. Also, he reveals the movie someone should watch if they’ve never seen anything he does.
Take a look at what Vincent D’Onofrio had to say in the player above and below is exactly what we were talking about.
- If someone has never seen anything he’s done, what’s the first thing they should look at and why?
- How does he get ready for a challenging scene?
- Why did he give his character a military background in Unforgivable.
- Is the appeal of this role that he’s playing a caring character and not a tough guy?
- What was it like working with Sandra Bullock and Viola Davis?
- Does he plan to introduce another feature soon?
- How the movie does not give an easy answer.
The movie premieres on Netflix on December 10.
About the author
https://collider.com/vincent-donofrio-the-unforgivable-interview/ Vincent D’Onofrio on The Unforgivable and how he prepared for a tough scene