Local

Travis Scott denies liability in Astroworld Festival tragedy, court documents show

Travis Scott denies the charges, including negligence, in the lawsuits brought against him because of the Astroworld Festival tragedy, according to court documents filed by Scott’s attorneys and obtained by CNN. reported. A spokesperson for Travis Scott provided CNN with a “answer” document filed Monday on behalf of the star rapper and his record label, Cactus Jack Records, in response. allegation in six lawsuits. All six filings deny the allegations. “Defendants generally deny the charges brought,” the court document states, which asks for the charges to be dismissed with prejudice, meaning they cannot be brought to court again. Family of Bharti Shahani, 22 years old. — a college student died at the festival and those representing Joseph Ferguson, who attended the festival, criticized the court filing. “The fact that Travis Scott attempted to shirk responsibility for creating a deadly situation his fans couldn’t get out of is shameful and sadly, ‘True to form,'” attorney James Lassiter of Houston, who represented Shahani and several other festival attendees who were seriously injured, said: “While he continues to use social media to present public images of someone in pain, sad at the catastrophic loss of life his actions caused. cause, he is quietly paying prominent lawyers to argue that his victims deserve nothing more than symbolic help with funeral expenses. “Scott said he would pay funeral expenses for those who died amid the throbbing of the concert crowd. Benny Agosto Jr., who represented Ferguson, said it would be “very early in the period.” this paragraph” to file for dismissal. Agosto is one of several lawyers who filed in the Texas Supreme Court on Friday to consolidate the lawsuits of the victims of the Astroworld Festival into one case. turned deadly as concertgoers were crushed, trampled and struggled to breathe as packed crowds flooded into an outdoor stage when Scott, a frontman, began performing on the 5th. November.

Travis Scott denies the charges, including negligence, in the lawsuits brought against him over the Astroworld Festival tragedy, according to court documents filed by Scott’s attorneys and obtained by CNN.

More than 140 lawsuits were filed in the tragedy that left 10 people dead, CNN previously reported. Most of the defendants said that the defendants were negligent and stood out to make a huge amount of money from the performance.

A spokesman for Travis Scott provided CNN with “answers” documents filed Monday on behalf of the star rapper and his record label, Cactus Jack Records, in response to allegations in six cases to sue. All six filings deny the allegations.

“Defendants generally deny the charges brought,” the court documents stated, which required the dismissal of biased claims, meaning they could not be brought to court again. .

The family of Bharti Shahani, a 22-year-old college student who died at the festival, and those representing Joseph Ferguson, who attended the festival, have criticized the court filing.

Houston attorney James Lassiter, who is representing Shahani and several other festivalgoers who were seriously injured, said: “Travis Scott’s attempt to shirk responsibility for creating a deadly situation created a deadly situation. which his fans can’t get out of is shameful and sad.

“While he continues to use social media to present a public image of someone grieving the catastrophic loss of life his actions have caused, he is quietly paying money to prominent attorneys to argue that his victim deserves nothing more than symbolic help with funeral expenses.”

Scott has said that he will pay funeral expenses for those who have died in the love of the crowd during the concert.

Benny Agosto Jr., who represents Ferguson, said it would be “very early at this stage” to file for dismissal. Agosto is one of many lawyers who filed a motion in the Texas Supreme Court on Friday to consolidate the cases of the Astroworld Festival victims into one.

In a statement released shortly after the tragedy, Scott said he was “devastated” by what happened.

The Astroworld festival turned deadly as concertgoers were crushed, trampled and struggled to breathe as packed crowds flooded an outdoor stage as Scott, a frontman, began performing. on November 5th.

https://www.kcra.com/article/travis-scott-denies-legal-liability-in-astroworld-festival-tragedy-court-documents-show/38454914 Travis Scott denies liability in Astroworld Festival tragedy, court documents show

JOE HERNANDEZ

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimetoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button