The summer transfer window for Europe’s top leagues has closed, but changes are still in the works and rumors abound. Transfer Talk brings you the latest news on rumors, comings and goings and of course completed deals!
TOP STORY: Weston McKennie is playing for a new contract at Juventus
Hopes for a contract extension for the US men’s national team midfielder Weston McKennie at Juventus depend on his upcoming performances, it is said Calciomercato.
The 25-year-old was not always one of the first names on the team sheet at the Allianz Stadium and was loaned out to Leeds United last season, where he made 19 Premier League appearances as the team were eventually relegated. It was initially expected that the former FC Dallas and Schalke 04 midfielder would leave again I Bianconeri in the summer, although no action was taken.
Instead, he played in all four of Juventus’ first games of the season, starting the last two games and providing an assist in the 3-1 win over Lazio.
McKennie’s current contract expires in the summer of 2025 and with Juventus still unsure whether he will extend his contract beyond that point, he will now play to impress coach Massimiliano Allegri and ensure he gets another contract.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga and more (USA)
– Read on ESPN+: Can you predict how players will age?
McKennie admitted earlier this month that it was difficult to return to Juventus from Leeds but he was keen to prove his place in the team.
“Coming back to Juventus wasn’t easy,” he said during the USMNT camp. “I left the club at a time of crisis, you could say. And when I came back I felt like I was starting from scratch again, but that’s a challenge I’m always up for, a challenge that I think I needed. “At this point in my career, I want people somehow prove that I still have it.
With Paul PogbaWith McKennie’s future uncertain following doping allegations, McKennie now has the opportunity to establish himself in Allegri’s squad, which the American is currently taking advantage of.
Juventus’ next game – and McKennie’s next opportunity to impress – is against Sassuolo on Saturday, with I Neroverdi having lost three of their four Serie A games this season.
– An injury sustained by the Athletico Paranaense striker Victor Roque This will reportedly have no impact on the 18-year-old’s move to Barcelona Sports Diary. The only thing that could prevent the move from completing in January are financial fair play issues Blaugrana are confident they can complete the signing after activating new leverage in the next summer window.
– Juventus could make another attempt to sign the Sassuolo winger Domenico Berardi in January, reported Calciomercatowith I Bianconeri After seeing summer moves for the 29-year-old and Davide Frattesi failed when the latter joined Internazionale. However, they insist that Sassuolo will remain firm in the negotiations.
– Al-Ettifaq has announced on their official social media channels Jesse Lingard will train with the club for a month. The 30-year-old attacking midfielder has been a free agent since his contract with Nottingham Forest expired at the end of last season and previously trained at West Ham United, where he was on loan in 2021.
– After Arsenal secured the signature of Martin OdegaardNow Football Insider report that the Gunners are already working on new contracts for full-backs Ben White And Oleksandr Zinchenko. Arsenal view 26-year-old Zinchenko as a key player and have been impressed by the form and versatility of 25-year-old White, while both players currently have contracts that expire in 2026.
– Liverpool have reached an agreement Trent Alexander Arnold regarding a new contract for the right-back, it is said Football Insider. The 24-year-old’s current contract runs for two years and while clubs across England and Europe are trying to convince him to leave Anfield, Alexander-Arnold is committed to the Reds and wants to stay.