The summer transfer window for Europe’s top leagues has closed, but changes are still in the works and rumors abound. Transfer Talk brings you the latest rumors, comings and goings and of course completed deals!
TOP STORY: Williams is being pursued by the LaLiga giants
Real Madrid and Barcelona are both interested in signing the striker from Athletic Club Nico Williamsaccordingly Sports.
The 21-year-old Spain international is on the wish list of both clubs, who are keeping a close eye on his contract situation after he entered the final 12 months of his contract in the summer.
Williams has been hesitant to sign a contract extension, and this Blaugrana is said to have already contacted his representatives to find out about his situation.
There is also believed to be interest from the Premier League, with Williams reportedly receiving offers to move to England in the previous transfer window. With contract negotiations with Williams currently stalled, interest could resurface as clubs outside LaLiga consider signing him in a pre-contract agreement in January – although any club would have to compete with both Los Blancos and Barcelona have a chance of winning the race for his signature.
Williams scored six goals and assisted four more in 36 league appearances last season. He has also found positive form for Spain of late, contributing to four goals in recent European Championship qualifiers against Georgia and Cyprus.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga and more (USA)
– Read on ESPN+: Predicting how USMNT stars will perform at new Euro clubs
– AC Milan would like to advance contract negotiations for the goalkeeper Mike Maignanreveals Calciomercato. Discussions have reportedly already begun with the 28-year-old’s representatives, who are demanding a salary of €6 million per season on a new five-year contract until the summer of 2028. Maignan was a key player for the Rossoneri Since moving from Lille, he has made a total of 58 appearances in Serie A.
– Full-back Joao Cancelo He reportedly wants to stay in Barcelona beyond 2024 El Chiringuito TV. The 29-year-old Portugal international joined the club on loan from Manchester City on Deadline Day this summer and it is believed he could be signed permanently for a fee of €35 million. Cancelo has been in top form for coach Xavi Hernandez’s side this season, contributing to three goals in three LaLiga games.
– Everton and West Ham United are among several Premier League sides interested in the Shakhtar Donetsk defender Mykola Matviyenkoaccordingly Team talk. The 27-year-old was previously on the radar at both Brentford and Brighton & Hove Albion, but any potential deal fell through when he signed a new contract with his current club. His representatives are reportedly exploring possible deals that would allow him to move to England’s top flight. Crystal Palace, Burnley and Sheffield United are also interested in signing him.
– Paris Saint-Germain will reward the midfielder Warren Zaire-Emery with a new deal, says Fabrizio Romano. PSG want to make the 17-year-old an important part of their future project and it is reported that they are close to reaching a full agreement with him that will see him extend his contract at the Parc des Princes. Zaire-Emery has recently been linked with Manchester City.
– AC Milan is closely monitoring the situation of the RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Seskosays Calciomercato. The Rossoneri are keen to secure a highly-rated striker for the future, with the 20-year-old Slovenia international one of the latest names on their wish list. Sesko moved from Salzburg to Leipzig in the summer for a fee of €24 million and has made an impressive start to his career in Germany with three goals in his last four games in all competitions.