Editor’s note: The video above is from a story published on May 25, 2022 that details when the Uvalde shooter bought his guns.
The massacre killed 19 children and two teachers at Robb Elementary School and injured 17 people.
Here is a timeline of events before and during the attack:
17th of May
Salvador Ramos buys a semi-automatic rifle at a local sporting goods store called Oasis Outback.
Ramos buys 375 rounds of ammunition for this rifle. It is unclear where he bought the ammunition.
Ramos buys another semi-automatic rifle, again at Oasis Outback.
SEE MORE: Texas school gunner bought 2 rifles after turning 18 and performed a Robb Elementary attack days later
May 24: Day of the mass shooting
Sometime Tuesday morning, an Instagram account that law enforcement agencies told ABC News is linked to Ramos sent another user on the social media platform a photo of a gun lying on a bed, according to a user who direct Messages from the alleged suspect had shared an account with ABC News.
11:00 o’clock: Ramos sends a one-to-one message to an unknown recipient, saying he plans to shoot his grandmother.
11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m According to Steven McCraw, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, Ramos shoots his grandmother “in the face.” Ramos sends another one-to-one message to an unknown recipient announcing that he shot his grandmother and is going to a school without identifying which school and says he plans to attack her.
- Ramos’ wounded grandmother runs across the street to a neighbor’s house to report Ramos to the police.
- Ramos uses the grandmother’s vehicle to drive a quarter mile to Robb Elementary School, where he crashes the vehicle and emerges with a Daniel Defense AR-15 style assault rifle and a backpack.
11:32 a.m Ramos enters the school through a west entrance and is approached by a resource officer from the Uvalde ISD school. No shots are exchanged. Ramos continues to go to school.
- Ramos walks down a short hallway, turns right, then left and enters a classroom. “That’s where the carnage began,” McCraw said. Ramos opens fire on students and teachers. The classroom is internally connected to another classroom.
- Several law enforcement agencies – including Uvalde Police and Uvalde ISD officers – come to the classroom, break down the door, attack Ramos and “hold him in this place”.
- A tactical team consisting of agents from US Customs and Border Protection, a Zavala County congressman and two Uvalde police officers enter the classroom. Officers shoot and kill Ramos at the scene.
11:43 a.m: Robb Elementary posts on Facebook that their campus was on lockdown “due to gunfire in the area.”
12:17 p.m: Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District announces the shooting on Twitter.
12:30 pm: Uvalde Fire Service scanner traffic calls for “additional firefighters to be deployed to Mill Street to establish a perimeter in support of Uvalde EMS and Uvalde PD. We need to respond again to South Grove and Mill Street.”
1:06 p.m: Police report the suspected gunman was killed by officers at the scene after they broke into the classroom.
MORE: What we know so far about the victims of Texas elementary school shootings
Copyright © 2022 KTRK-TV. All rights reserved.
https://abc13.com/uvalde-texas-school-shooting-massacre-timeline-robb-elementary/11894428/ Timeline of Uvalde, Texas school shooting: When Salvador Ramos bought guns from Oasis Outback; how the shooter entered Robb Elementary