Thousands of Britons could get up to £80 FREE if they are struggling with the household support scheme

THOUSANDS of households struggling to make ends meet could get £80 in free cash this Christmas.

Difficult families can apply to the government £500m Household Support Fund for help with food, energy bills and clothing.

Struggling families can get cash to help them get through this Christmas


Struggling families can get cash to help them get through this ChristmasCredit: Getty

Previously, the British could apply for Vivid local support subsidies A Sun investigation found you can get up to £1,500 to pay for food, bills and more – but the new scheme has now replaced this.

It will also help Universal Credit claimants who have seen their payments drop by £20 a week after the government cut the benefit increase to get more help.

New schemes appear when families fighting the cost of living crisis, making it impossible for 1/10 to make their cash last until the payment date.

Households are fighting against the spike energy bill, rising inflation and hiking to food and gasoline prices too.

If you’re having a hard time, you can help through the Household Support Fund through their local council.

Each agency has a different application process through which you can apply – and can get you through one of the most expensive times of the year.

The Sun has found that families can get cash, free vouchers and more to help them get through one of the most expensive times of the year.

For example, you can get up to £80 free cash from Spelthorne Regional Council.

Eligible Britons will receive a one-time payment, the value of which will be decided by the council based on your situation.

Those living in households aged over 70 can get up to £50, homes with people aged 18 to 69 living there can get £60 and families with children can get up to £80 .

You’ll get one payment per household, and you must claim certain benefits to qualify – such as Universal Credit or retirement credit.

To register and see if you are eligible for free coins, you can register on Spelthorne’s website for help.

If Spethorne Regional Council is not your local government, you will need to find out from your own council what support they are providing under the Household Support Fund.

To find yours, visit gov.ukof the site and use its permissions finder.

Exactly what help is available will vary depending on who your local council is.

This is because each council will decide what – and how much – they will give to those in need.

However, The Sun discovered that some councils have suggested up to £140 in supermarket vouchers to spend at stores including Tesco and Aldi this Christmas.

You can also get coupons help with your energy bills worth up to £120 if you live in West Northamptonshire.

While others offer vouchers of up to £60 on children’s clothing.

Each council will have its own application process for help – you should visit your local council’s website or call them for more information.

How else can I get help with bills?

If you don’t qualify for the Household Assistance Fund, don’t panic – there are other ways to get help in time for Christmas.

See if you qualify for warm house discount and get up to £140 on your bills.

Cold weather payments are also available and you can get help with heating costs when the temperature drops – you will receive £25 for each seven-day period when the weather is below 0C.

Many councils also run benefit assistance programs to help you with the bills and purchases you need.

A Sun investigation found that you can get support up to £1,000 to pay for food, furniture and bills.

But it is also a postcode lottery – some councils are providing more help than others, while some are not even planning.

Boris Johnson says DO NOT cancel Christmas party because Plan B ‘isn’t a lockdown’

We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The Sun Money team? Thousands of Britons could get up to £80 FREE if they are struggling with the household support scheme

Bobby Allyn

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button