News

The Pentagon’s director general reviewed the order to attack Syria in 2019

FILE PHOTO: US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin with NATO partners
FILE PHOTO: U.S. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin attends a NATO Defense Ministers meeting at Union headquarters in Brussels, Belgium, October 21, 2021. REUTERS/Pascal Rossignol/File Photo

November 29, 2021

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin has ordered a four-star general to review a 2019 attack in Syria that caused civilian casualties, the Pentagon said on Monday.

Pentagon spokesman John Kirby told reporters that General Michael Garrett, the head of US Army Forces Command, will have 90 days to complete his review of the civilians killed, compliance with the laws of war and record keeping.

Earlier this month, the New York Times reported that the US attack in Baghuz, Syria killed 64 women and children in the battle against the Islamic State.

(Reporting by Idrees Ali and Patricia Zengerle; Editing by Sonya Hepinstall)

https://www.oann.com/pentagon-chief-orders-review-of-2019-syria-strike/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=pentagon-chief-orders-review-of-2019-syria-strike The Pentagon’s director general reviewed the order to attack Syria in 2019

DUSTIN JONES

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimetoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button