TFT patch 12.5b has gone live, with the March 8th update primarily trying to fix one thing: the fast pace of games. Ashe, Talon, and other reroll comps are hit hard, while scaling carries like Sivir and Kai’Sa have been improved. We have the full patch notes here.
TFT patch 12.5b is here to fix some of the bugs left after last week’s mega update.
“Before Patch 12.5 was released, the team was feeling pretty bad about the pace of combat and how quick the fights were due to accelerated damage from champions.” Developer Stephen ‘Mortdog’ Mortimer admitted.
“Getting it where we want it requires more numerical changes than we typically do for a B-patch. However, we think it’s worth the risk and should improve the amount of viable comps and skill expression in game.”
The update went live on March 8th, so read all the changes in TFT patch 12.5b below.
What has changed in TFT patch 12.5b?
Ashe & Talon repeat nerfs as Riot tries to slow down the game
With the pace of the game being Riot’s primary concern in TFT patch 12.5b, it was obvious that reroll comps were going to be hit hard. A number of one, two, and three cost carries are gutted to encourage a healthier meta.
Ashe and Talon are the big two as the Syndicate and Debonair champions each topped the rankings after the earlier update. Ashe’s base AD is significantly reduced, while Talon’s bleed damage is reduced to three stars.
However, they are far from the only ones. Brand, Twitch, Corki, Syndra, Zyra, Gnar, Lucian, Morgana, Senna, and Vex will all be nerfed to take the wind out of reroll comps of all kinds. While they’ll still be viable, they won’t smother the more expensive four- and five-cost carries.
Sivir and Kai’Sa buffs add power to expensive carries
Speaking of expensive carries, there are still a few nerfs in this department in TFT patch 12.5b – specifically for Ahri, Draven, and Irelia.
However, buffs from badass Sivir override the notable changes. Sivir has been struggling since the Hextech nerfs, but with increased spell bounce damage and a buff to the Striker trait, she should be a more flexible ramping carry.
Galio and Kai’Sa are also being buffed to give five-costs a little more power in this reroll-centric meta, making it worth chasing levels above three-stars.
A number of trait and augment changes are also shipped as part of TFT patch 12.5b. The full patch notes are below.
TFT Patch 12.5b Notes
- VIP Sear reduced second fireball damage: 30% ⇒ 45%
- Penetrating Lightning Attack Damage Scaling: 125/130/140% ⇒ 125%
- Bombardment Damage: 220/275/350 ⇒ 200/260/333
- Base Heal from Furious Bite: 150/200/350 ⇒ 200/225/400
- Furious Bite Bonus Heal: 250/350/500 ⇒ 275/350/600
- Willpower Damage: 225/325/500 ⇒ 225/300/425
- Blade End Damage: 450/650/950 ⇒ 450/600/850
- Grabbing Spikes Damage: 325/450/675 ⇒ 275/375/575
- GNAR! Attack Damage Scaling: 185% ⇒ 175%
- Relentless Pursuit Damage: 185/295/315 ⇒ 175/275/300
- Max Mana Nerf: 60/120 ⇒ 70/130
- Attack Speed: 0.75 ⇒ 0.7
- Max Mana Nerf: 40/80 ⇒ 50/90
- Damage per additional bullet on the same target: 80% ⇒ 60%
- Bounce Attack Damage Scaling: 33% ⇒ 40%
- Ikathian Monsoon damage per missile: 70/90/180 ⇒ 75/100/180
- Base Attack Speed: 10/40/80% ⇒ 10/35/80%
- Health: 200/450/800 ⇒ 200/400/700
- Ability Power: 20/45/80 ⇒ 20/40/70
- Mechanical Bear Armor & Magic Resist: 70 ⇒ 55
- Mechanical Dragon Armor & Magic Resist: 100 ⇒ 90
- Attack Damage: 30/65/110 ⇒ 30/70/120
- Armor & Magic Resist: 55 ⇒ 50
- 7 Unit Bonus: 60% ⇒ 50%
Differently built I / II / III
- Attack Speed: 50/60/70% ⇒ 60/70/80%
- Mana Drain Range: 1 ⇒ 2 Hexes
Irresistible Charm (Silver)
- Damage Reduction: 20% ⇒ 15%
One for All (Silver)
- Attack Damage & Ability Power per stack: 20 ⇒ 15
- Bounce Damage Reduction: 50% ⇒ 60%
Sniper’s Nest (Silver)
- Stack Damage Boost: 10% ⇒ 8% (Total: 40% ⇒ 32%)
So Small (Silver)
- Dodge Chance: 35% ⇒ 25%
Three’s Company (Gold)
- Three’s Company can now only spawn in rounds 1-4
True Justice (Silver)
- Active True Damage Health Threshold: 50% ⇒ 80%
- Cutthroat (Assassin Augment) now increases the target’s mana by the intended 50% instead of 65%
- Fixed an issue that prevented Knife’s Edge, Battlemage, Featherweights, and Tri Force from being offered on 3-3 and 4-6
- Calculated Loss no longer grants 2 gold for wins
https://www.dexerto.com/league-of-legends/teamfight-tactics-tft-patch-12-5b-notes-1779330/ TFT Patch 12.5b Notes: Ashe & Talon target replay nerfs, Sivir & Kai’Sa buffs