Capcom has finally announced details for the Street Fighter 6 closed beta, including release date, cross-play features, and multiplayer modes and hubs to explore during the test. The closed beta will run from October 7, 2022 at 7:00 a.m. UTC to October 10, 2022 at 7:00 a.m. UTC and will allow cross-play between PS5, Xbox Series X and S and Steam platforms. The test will not run on PS4.
Street Fighter 6 Closed Beta has a roster of eight characters
If you’re successful in applying for the closed beta (application closes on September 30th and selection will be announced on October 5th), you’ll find a surprisingly extensive list of features to try out. Here’s a quick breakdown of the modes and characters you can get your hands on:
- Playable Characters – Chun-Li, Guile, Ken, Kimberly, Jamie, Juri, Luke, Ryu
- Playable Stages – Carrier Byron Taylor, Genbu Temple, Metro City Downtown, Tian Hong Yuan, The Macho Ring, Training Room
- Playable Modes via Battle Hub – Ranked Match, Casual Match, Battle Hub Match, Open Tournaments, Practice Mode, Hub Store, Extreme Battles, Game Center, Challenges, DJ Booth, Photo Spot
- Cross-platform play – PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PC via Steam
- Control Types – Modern and Classic
- CFN – Fighter List, Replays, Rankings
- Commentary with play-by-play commentators and color commentators
- Avatar creation
- Online match fight request feature
- Combat tutorials and combat settings
- photo mode
The closed beta will use “a version of the game that is still under development,” so Capcom warns that participants will likely experience freezes and game crashes, and that online connection for multiplayer games may not be as smooth as that full release.
Entrants must be at least 18 years old, have a Capcom ID, and will be asked to provide feedback via a poll. Those interested in testing Steam should check out the full list of PC spec requirements on the official website. Everyone selected for the closed beta will receive “a special in-game title” as a gift when the game releases.
In other news, The Sims 5 will reportedly be revealed in October, according to an insider, and PC Game Pass has added a HowLongtoBeat feature that gives you estimated game times for completing a game.
https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/714872-street-fighter-6-closed-beta-release-date-cross-play-ranked-match Street Fighter 6 Cross-Play Closed Beta release date announced