Squatters brought in by convicted sex offenders eventually fled Brooklyn homes

Two beleaguered Brooklyn landlords whose properties were allegedly taken over by a convicted sex criminal charged with attempted murder have finally gotten their buildings back.

The NYPD and a city marshal arrived Friday to evict 10 people who had been living illegally in the run-down Neptune Avenue homes owned by Mohammed Choudary and Boysin Lorick, who had fought for years to boot the squatters.

When the couple bought the homes for $1.3 million in 2019, 45-year-old Peter Fonseca lived behind one of the garages and refused to leave, according to court records.

Fonseca and his wife then began illegally renting out units in the homes during the pandemic, landlords claimed, while the city’s building department levied more than $370,000 in violations and fines for the crumbling structures.

Landlords had said they couldn’t address the issues and stop the fines because the squatters wouldn’t let them in.

“You have to arrest me, I’m not going away, I’m not going anywhere,” shouted an elderly squatter when authorities tried to wheel him out. A few hours later, he got into a minivan and drove away.

A cabin in the backyard of one of the lots.

A cabin in the backyard of one of the lots.


The interior of the backyard cottage.

The interior of the backyard cottage.


advertisement

The three houses were finally emptied after eight hours.

The landlords said they plan to end the nightmare altogether and sell the properties.

The illegal tenants leave with their belongings.

The illegal tenants leave with their belongings.


City workers ram a window of one of the houses during the eviction.

City workers ram a window of one of the houses during the eviction.


advertisement

Loric and Chowdhury are now planning to sell the properties.

Loric and Chowdhury are now planning to sell the properties.


The homes were originally taken over by convicted sex criminal Peter Fonseca, who lived behind one of the garages.

The homes were originally taken over by convicted sex criminal Peter Fonseca, who lived behind one of the garages.


advertisement

“It was bad enough that people gave [us] a hard time, but when the town’s after you?’ said Lorick. “We’ve been in this business for so long we’ve never seen anything like it. We accidentally stepped into a mine.”

https://nypost.com/2022/12/17/squatters-brought-in-by-convicted-sex-abuser-finally-booted-from-brooklyn-homes/ Squatters brought in by convicted sex offenders eventually fled Brooklyn homes

JACLYN DIAZ

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimetoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button