Fans of the 2006 film ‘The Holiday’ got excited when rumors of a sequel surfaced – but Nancy Meyers has officially shut them down.
“So many DMs about this – sorry but it’s not true,” the 72-year-old director confirmed on Instagram.
It was reported on Monday that the film was slated for a sequel that will star Cameron Diaz, Jude Law, Kate Winslet and Jack Black, all of whom will return and start production in early 2023.
But that is apparently not the case.
Many fans of the film were upset to find out the rumors had been debunked, including Katie Couric, who only commented on Meyer’s post with a broken heart emoji.
Winslet, 47, separately closed the rumors of a second part of the film.
“I’ve read about it, but it’s the first time I’m hearing about it,” she said said people. “I promise you no agent or representative or anyone from the first round spoke to me about this. Hand on heart, that has never happened before.”
The confirmation comes days after a performance of The Holiday in Concert – a live orchestra playing alongside the film – in London. Meyers shared a video of the performance on Instagram.
“The Holiday” follows two women – Winslet and Diaz, 50 – who swap homes for the holidays to put their respective past romances behind them. Winslet’s Iris falls in love with film composer Miles (Black) and Diaz’ Amanda falls in love with book editor and Iris’ brother Graham (Law).
The film was a box office hit, grossing $63 million domestically and $205 million worldwide on a budget of $85 million, according to Box Office Mojo.
The Holiday is currently available to stream on Hulu for Premium subscribers.
https://nypost.com/2022/12/06/nancy-meyers-responds-to-the-holiday-sequel-rumors-so-many-dms-about-this/ ‘So many DM’s about it’