DELIVERY across the UK has been affected after a series of postal workers were forced to self-isolate with Covid.
Royal letter released a daily service update yesterday morning, with no fewer than 56 postcodes set for slower-than-usual delivery.
Which areas are affected by Royal Mail delays?
Royal Mail service also struggling in Christmas under the weight of extra sick days, resource issues and “other local factors”.
Next bad news delays at the same time last year on 28 postcodes – but that number has now doubled.
And “pingdemic” last July forced to slow down more in different parts of the country.
Royal Mail apologizes for the inconvenience and says it plans to “rotate deliveries” to minimize delays – meaning some areas will temporarily see slower posting times.
Check the opening times of your local post office use Royal Mail’s online tool – just enter your postcode.
You can also email sign up update to be alerted of any changes.
Full list of affected postcodes
Here is the full list of areas affected by the disruption:
- Amersham DO (HP6, HP7 and HP8)
- Amesbury (SP3 and SP4)
- Barking DO (IG11)
- DO Bike (OX25 to OX27)
- Bredbury DO (SK6)
- Bridge Of Don DO (AB22 and AB23)
- Bristol South DO (BS3, BS13 and BS41)
- Burgess Hill DO (BN6 and RH15)
- Caldicot DO (NP26)
- Camberwell (SE5)
- Cramlington DO (NE23)
- Cricklewood DO (NW2)
- Erskine DO (PA7 and PA8)
- Gerrads Cross DO (SL9)
- Blue Yellow DO (NW11)
- Hanwell (W7)
- Herne Hill DO (SE24)
- Historical SPDO (CB4 9XX)
- Hitchin DO (SG4 and SG5)
- Holloway DO (N7)
- Hornsey DO (N8)
- Hoylake DO (CH47 and CH48)
- Islington DO (N1 and N1C)
- Larkhall DO (ML9 and ML10)
- Maida Hill DO (W9)
- Manchester South West DO (M15, M16 and M32)
- Muswell Hill DO (N10)
- Newton Mearns DO (G77)
- Northwich DO (CW8 and CW9)
- Paisley DO (PA1, PA2 and PA3)
- Perth DO (PH1. PH2 and PH14)
- Peterlee DO (SR8)
- Pontefract DO (WF7, WF8, WF9 and WF11)
- Rayleigh DO (SS6)
- Redcar DO (TS10 and TS11)
- Rottingdean DO (BN2 and BN51)
- South Croydon DO (CR2)
- Swindon West DO (SN5)
- Thame DO (OX9 and OX39)
- Hyde DO (NW9)
- Upminster DO (RM14)
- Upton DO (CH30 and CH39)
- Wallasey DO (CH27, CH44 and CH45)
- Wantage DO (OX12)
- West Norwood DO (SE27)
- West Wickham DO (BR4)
- Willesden DO (NW10 and NW26)
- Wootton Bassett DO (SN4 and SN16)
Royal Mail updates its list at around 11:30 a.m. daily – so we’ll let you know as soon as we see the latest postcodes affected.
Positions that make Yorkshire admire by successful delivery after that only mentioned “somewhere in the Yorkshire Dales”.
Plus, stay up to date Royal Mail delivery time close to you.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/17359161/royal-mail-delivery-delays-covid-shortages/ Royal Mail warns of delays in 56 postcodes due to staff shortages related to Covid