CHRISTMAS cards and gifts may be delayed this year due to Royal Mail service disruptions in parts of the UK.
The Postal Service said the problems were caused by Covid related to self-isolation, high levels of sick days, resource issues and “other local factors”.
In total, the number of delivery offices experiencing problems has grown to 21, including Warrington, Willesden and Chelmsford.
The operator has 1,200 offices, so most of the country is experiencing a normal service.
A Royal Mail spokesperson said: “Delivery is operating normally across most of the country.
“We aim to deliver mail to all the addresses where we have mail, six days a week.
“In a small number of local offices, this may be temporarily unavailable due to local issues such as COVID-related self-isolation, high levels of sick leave, resources, or other local factors. .
“In those cases, we will rotate deliveries to minimize delays for individual customers.
“We also provide targeted support to those offices to address their challenges and restore our service to the high standard our customers typically receive.”
Postal services affected by delay in summer due to “pingdemic”, as workers have to self-isolate more often.
That has caused disruption in 12 regions of the UK, and followed by months of delays in the following 28 locations. third country lock in January.
When is the last day for Christmas posts? ‘
Royal Mail encourages customers send their christmas Posting earlier than usual this year, as well as pre-ordering online.
It said it would help postmen and women “provide bumper festive mailing bags”.
If you’re sending letters or packages to loved ones in the UK, here it is Last day to include them in the article.
It’s better to try and ship your parcel a few days ahead of time if possible.
- Friday, December 17: Royal Mail Economics of Bulk Mail
- Saturday, December 18: Second Class, Signed Second Class and Royal Mail 48®
- Tuesday, December 21: First Class, Signed First Class, Royal Mail 24 and Royal Mail Tracked 48®
- Wednesday, December 22: Royal Mail Tracked 24®
- Thursday, December 23: Royal Mail® Special Delivery Guarantee
Which areas are affected by Royal Mail delays?
Royal Mail keeps its website updated with latest delay, so you can keep an eye on any issues affecting your region.
You can also email sign up update to be alerted of any changes.
These are the areas affected by the disruption:
- Belfast West DO (BT10 – BT12 and BT17)
- Belper DO (DE56)
- Bowthorpe DO (NR5, NR8)
- Burnham On Crouch DO (CM0 8)
- Buxton NR SUDO (NR10 5)
- Chelmsford DO (CM1 to CM3)
- Congleton DO (CW4 and CW12)
- Eccles DO (M30)
- Farnborough DO (GU14)
- Finsbury DO Park (N4 and N15)
- Havant DO (PO9-10)
- Hornsey DO (N8)
- Kinlochleven SPDO (PH50)
- Longton DO (ST3 and ST11)
- New ferry DO (CH32, CH62 and CH63)
- Northwich DO (CW8 to CW9)
- Pontypridd DO (CF37, CF38 and CF46)
- Rayleigh DO (SS6)
- Shrewsbury DO (SY1 to SY5)
- St. Helens DO (WA9 to WA11)
- Stocksbridge (S36)
- Upminster DO (RM14)
- Upton DO (CH30 and CH49)
- Warrington DO (WA1 to WA2 and WA4 to WA5)
- Willesden DO (NW10 and NW26)
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The Sun Money team?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/17025621/royal-mail-christmas-parcel-chaos-severe-delays/ Royal Mail Christmas parcel chaos as ‘severe delays’ hit 21 offices