ESCANABA, Mich. (WJMN) – The American Red Cross says it is seeing a historically low blood supply and is in need of blood donors at this time of year.
The American Red Cross provides 40% of the country’s blood. Donors are encouraged to schedule an appointment using the Red Cross Blood Donation App, to visit their website, or call 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767). There is no waiting time to donate blood for people who have had the flu vaccine or the COVID-19 vaccine or booster as long as they are symptom-free.
All individuals who donate blood between December 17 and January 2 will receive a Red Cross long-sleeve T-shirt while supplies remain. Sponsors are required to make an appointment in advance and to comply Additional precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
The following opportunities are available to donate blood:
- Escanaba: September 12, 2021: 12:30 pm – 5:30 pm, Delta Plaza Mall, 301 N Lincoln
- Escanaba: 10/12/2021: 10:30am – 4:30pm, Delta Plaza Shopping Center, 301 N Lincoln
- Kingsford: 12/21/2021: 11:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., MidTown Shopping Center, Midtown Shopping Center, 1108 S. Stephenson Ave
- Bessemer: 1/6/2022: 9am – 1:30pm, Bessemer High School, 100 W Lead Street
- Ironwood: 12/15/2021: 9am – 2pm, Memorial Building, 213 S Marquette St
- Marenisco: May 1, 2022: 12 noon – 4:30 pm, Lake Gogebic Volunteer Fire Department, State Highway N10605 M64
- Carney: 12/13/2021: 12 p.m. – 5 p.m., Carney Evangelical Freedom Church, 52 Church Street
- Menominee: October 12, 2021: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., Menominee High School, 2101 18 Ave
- Authority: 12/22/2021: 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., North Central High School, W3795 US Hwy 2/41
- Stephenson: September 12, 2021: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., Stephenson Fire Department, Stephenson Fire Department, W628 Samuel St.
- Red Cross Schedules Blood Transfusions on Upper Peninsula
- Whitmer tours early training center in Grand Rapids
- Why was the Michigan shooting suspect kicked out of class?
- Pastor: At least 1 out of 3 freed Haitian hostages are from Michigan
- Unvaccinated patients will pay their own hospital bills under new proposal
https://www.upmatters.com/news/local-news/red-cross-schedules-blood-drives-across-the-upper-peninsula/ Red Cross Schedules Blood Transfusions on Upper Peninsula