Prepare these lucky numbers for the next Powerball draw!
There was no winner for Monday night’s $285 million Powerball jackpot, bringing this Wednesday’s drawing to a staggering $300 million.
But a lucky ticket bought in New York picked all five white balls and made this cardholder $1 million richer.
Monday’s Powerball numbers were: 13, 20, 31, 33, and 39. The Powerball number was 20.
With the next Powerball draw on Wednesday, the next chance for a big win is tonight’s $325 million Mega Millions draw.
“A lot of people come to play. It’s always busy no matter the time of day,” Alberto Roman, a speedway clerk on Commack, Long Island, told The Post.
The morning rush is the busiest time to buy tickets, Roman said. Everyone wants to grab their coffee and ticket before they go to work, and when prices go up, people fall in love with gaming even more.
In late July, Mega Millions’ third-largest prize – $1.34 billion – was won by two mystery winners in Illinois.
Last week, these winners came forward to claim their prize after weeks of envious America waiting to know who won the life-changing cash.
Under Illinois lottery rules, winners are not required to reveal their identities to the public.
Winners had a full year to claim the prize, but only 60 days — or until September 27 — to receive the $780.5 million lump sum.
Here’s a look at the top 10 biggest US jackpots won and the states where the winning tickets were sold:
1. $1.586 billion, Powerball, January 13, 2016 (three lots from California, Florida, Tennessee)
2. $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, October 23, 2018 (one entry, from South Carolina)
3. $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022 (one ticket, from Illinois)
4. $1.05 billion, Mega Millions, January 22, 2021 (one ticket, from Michigan)
5. $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019 (one ticket from Wisconsin)
6. $758.7 million, Powerball, August 23, 2017 (one ticket from Massachusetts)
7. $731.1 million, Powerball, January 20, 2021 (one ticket from Maryland)
8. $699.8 million, Powerball, October 4, 2021 (one ticket from California)
9. $687.8 million, Powerball, October 27, 2018 (two tickets, from Iowa and New York)
10. $656 million, Mega Millions, March 30, 2012 (three tickets, from Kansas, Illinois and Maryland)
https://nypost.com/2022/09/27/powerball-surges-to-300m-but-1m-ticket-sold-in-ny/ Powerball rises to $300 million but $1 million ticket sells in NY