A father-of-five has told how he’s a “nerve sack” in his damp home – and terrified his thick black mold will start growing inside his kids.
Lee Gaskell, 48, says “every single room” in his three-bed parish house in Wigan, Greater Manchester, is showing some form of fungus or decay.
He claims the plump, black and “furry” roan appeared 12 months ago.
But despite repeatedly telling Wigan Council he’s concerned for his family’s safety, Lee says “nothing is being done”.
The troubled father, who lives with his wife and five children aged four, nine, 12, 16 and 17, now finds himself in a constant state of paranoia when he’s at home.
And he fears the impact this will have on the health of his wife and children.
“I’m a pain in the ass,” he told The Sun Online.
“It’s disgusting, I’m just horrified. I cannot express enough how concerned I am about the health and safety of my children.
“My daughter is four and we’ve been living like this for months now.
“I’m constantly researching the effects of toxic mold on the body and the impact it can have on you and your children’s well-being – I just can’t stop worrying.”
Lee says he had council inspectors come to view the property but was told not to worry.
He is now desperate for a solution and has asked the authorities to do more.
He added: “I don’t sleep at night. I do not eat. My wife is worried about me.
“There are so many diseases related [to mould]. The mold on my faucet alone horrified me so much that I spent an hour searching the internet for information.
“Are we drinking contaminated poison water?
“Because of the mold on the ground floor, I have to look after my daughter 24 hours a day.”
Lee says he’s too scared to touch the shape, worried it will “disperse particles into the air” for his kids to inhale.
And he was horrified after reading, “It can grow inside your body.”
“When you read online that mold grows on a human body when it’s ingested and inhaled, it makes me think of my children — what is it doing to them?” he said.
I’m a bundle of nerves. It’s disgusting, I’m just appalled.
“My mental health has suffered as a result.
“I can’t keep fresh groceries in my cupboards because I’m so paranoid. There is mold everywhere.”
Lee claims that “every time” he’s contacted the council about his health concerns, he’s been “reassured it’s not a problem.”
But he was at the end of his rope when his wife was bathing their daughter last month and there was black mold in the water.
Her clothes are also “ruined” and the utility room “stinks”.
“It’s in our bedroom, it’s in my daughter’s bedroom, it’s in my boy’s bedroom, it’s in the kitchen, it’s in the living room, it’s throughout the property. Every single room,” he added.
“It’s furry. It’s black mold. There is white fluffy mold all over the bottom of my faucet.”
A spokesman for Wigan Council said: “We are currently in contact with the tenant to resolve the issues with repair work at this property but due to ongoing court proceedings we are unable to say more at this time.
“We encourage tenants to report any repair work that may be required online through their housing account and we are committed to working with all our tenants to ensure all repairs are completed as quickly as possible.
“If any of our tenants have an after hours emergency repair or urgent repair issue please call 01942 489005.”
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17951306/council-house-hell-mould-kids-fear/ My town hall from hell is covered in filthy MOLD from top to bottom… I worry it will grow in my children