News

My family’s Christmas was ruined by a thick layer of black mold that covered the walls of my house, leaving us struggling to BATH

A FAMILY’s Christmas was ruined after their house was infested with black mold.

Sue Scott said her two daughters, Lisa and Shannia, are now sleeping in the LOUNGE after the incident left them with breathing problems.

Sue and her family say the house is affecting their health

3

Sue and family say the house is affecting their health
The mold that ruined their Christmas

3

The mold that ruined their Christmas

Sue told Plymouth Live that the mold problem was caused by a hole in their ceiling in Cornwall.

Shannia, the primary caregiver for her mother, who has severe asthma, COPD, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome, as well as her sister, first noticed the problem in January.

She said she has complained several times to the housing association, Cornwall Housing, but the loophole is still there.

“I noticed a lot of black mold in my sister’s bedroom and it was damp, like wet floors and damp walls,” says Shannia.

But she said the council had given “one reason after another” as to why they couldn’t fix the roof, and claimed she had called to complain more than 100 times.

She added: “The water damage was visible in my mother’s room, the wall really started to crumble on the inside. I saw that the water was actually going through the electrical outlet in my mother’s room. “

Shannia also said that sentimental belongings were destroyed.

And to make matters worse, the family all suffered from severe asthma – which they said was made worse by the moldy conditions they were forced to live in.

It was taken extremely seriously in the family after Shannia’s brother died of an asthma attack 18 years ago in an incident unrelated to their musty home.

Shannia said: “We all have very severe asthma and we got sick from the dampness in our house. Our doctors actually wrote a letter to our council to say health. how bad ours has become”.

“My sister’s bedroom had a lot of mold, I had to clean it myself, she couldn’t use the room because it was too humid and cold.

“All the wallpapers fell off the wall. The mattress on the bed, the clothes and shoes she had saved up to buy were all black mold. Her mattress, I turned her mattress over, and there were thick mold stains on it.

“She had severe asthma, she couldn’t sleep in it, she had a midnight cough and trouble breathing.”

Shannia said she and her sisters now keep their clothes in the living room, where they sleep, to get rid of mold.

The family have now decided they want to move back to the East Midlands, where they originally came from, but face housing problems.

A Cornwall Housing spokesperson said: “We regret that Ms. Scott has delayed her home repairs. Due to the restrictions caused by the pandemic, we are still working to provide the jobs that survive. deposits in our assets affecting our scheduling.

“We’re planning action to make sure this doesn’t happen in the future. Our contractor will be in touch today to see what can be done until we’re able to complete the work by tomorrow.” new Year.”

Shannia says:

3

Shannia says:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17138187/christmas-ruined-mould-breathing-problems/ My family’s Christmas was ruined by a thick layer of black mold that covered the walls of my house, leaving us struggling to BATH

Huynh Nguyen

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimetoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button