Some of them try to play Monster Hunter Ascension get a Fatal error exiting the application when trying to start the game. Unfortunately, the accompanying error message is mostly unhelpful. To make matters worse, the Fatal Application Exit message can appear due to various reasons.
How to fix Fatal Error Quitting the Application in Monster Hunter Rise
To fix the Fatal Application Exit error in Monster Hunter Rise, you must first find out what is causing it. Unfortunately, that’s easier said than done.
Here’s what we’ve found that can cause this issue:
- DirectX error
- Incompatible operating system
- driver problems
We’ll show you how to fix all three issues below.
If your Monster Hunter Rise Fatal Application Exit error message contains something like “renderdeviceidx11.cpp createTexture 2D failed”, you may be able to fix this by editing your configuration file to use DirectX 12 instead of 11. Alternatively, you can use renderdeviceidx12. cpp”, try switching to DirectX 11.
To change the configuration file:
- Go to the installation folder and open config.ini in a text editor.
- Find the DirectX number line and change it from 11 to 12 (or vice versa).
- Then save the file, right click on it and view the properties.
- Set it to read-only in the properties window so it doesn’t revert to DirectX 11 (or 12).
Now try restarting the game and see if it works.
Incompatible operating system
Monster Hunter Rise is only officially supported on Windows 10 64-bit and newer. So if you’re using an older version of Windows, you might find that the game won’t start.
To fix this you can:
- Update to Windows 10
- Try the DirectX fix above
- Set the game executable to Windows 8.1 compatibility mode.
Some users have reported that certain Nvidia drivers are causing Monster Hunter Rise to have fatal application termination. The solution here is to either roll back to an older driver or update to a newer one.
https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/710026-monster-hunter-rise-fatal-application-exit-error-fix Monster Hunter Rise Fatal Application Exit Fix