PART two of Minecraft’s Giant Cliffs and Caves updates are finally here with the release of patch 1.18.
NS first half of Caves and Cliffs dropped back in June and bought new blocks, items and mobs for the game.
The second season, now live, brings new elements to the world generation, such as higher mountains, giant ore veins, and intricate cave systems.
There are a few missing features that have been delayed as detailed in developer blog earlier this month – archeology, bundles and goat horns.
The Minecraft 1.18 update is available now on both the Bedrock and Java versions of the game.
You can see the patch notes for Minecraft Java Edition on Windows, MacOS and Linux here.
Minecraft Update 1.18 – Caves and Cliffs: Part Two
- Increased world height and depth, 50% more vertical space to build and explore
- New generation of caves to explore beneath your existing world
- New mountain and cave biomes like Lush Cave and Sawtooth Peak
- Massively updated and improved biomes, caves, and ore creation
- Added some new music to enjoy while playing the game
- Fixed over 70 bugs, crashes and parity changes
Minecraft update 1.18 – patch notes
These are the patch notes regarding all the new features added in the Minecraft 1.18 update.
- Increase world height and depth
- Overworld height and depth for new and existing worlds has been extended to y320 and y-64, opening up more space to explore and build
- World mix
- Players can now update existing worlds to include new underworld height dimensions and world creation features. View ours World Upgrade FAQ For more details
- The bedrock at y0 below the saved blocks will be replaced with Deepslate and have a new generation of caves underneath
- Biomes and terrain generated across new and existing segment boundaries will blend seamlessly, creating natural-looking environment transitions
- New terrain and mountain generation
- Terrain shape and elevation are no longer always determined by biomes, leading to new biome locations such as hilltop deserts
- The mountains are taller than ever and can now create a maximum height of 256 blocks
- New biomes, 3D biomes generation and biome distribution
- Added 3D biomes – cave biomes are now craftable just below surface biomes
- New mountain and cave biomes added, including Sawtooth Peak, Meadow, Lush Cave, and Drip Rock Cave
- New generation of caves
- More noise caves – the three main types of noise caves are the large, open Cheese Cave, the wide, tunneled Spaghetti Cave, and the narrow, winding Noodle Cave
- Added aquifers – these create localized bodies of water such as flooded caves or underground lakes
- Ore distribution and large ore veins
- Extra large veins of ore – these long formations stretch through cave systems and contain ore deposits larger than clusters typically found underground
- The ore distribution has been adjusted to compensate for the new world altitude
- Mobs spawn
- Monsters will now only appear in complete darkness. Players can spawn dark areas, such as caves by using light sources
- New music
- Added new music by Lena Raine and Kumi Tanioka
- Added a new Lena Raine disc titled “otherside”. This is rarely found in Citadel corridor chests or much rarer in Dungeon chests
- Mobile Players: To listen to new music you need to download the updated Minecraft Original Music Pack for FREE from the Marketplace
- New achievements/trophies
- Caves & Cliffs – Free fall from the top of the world (construction limit) to the bottom of the world and survive
- Feel at home – Play Strider to roam the lava lake in the Overworld
- The Sound of Music – Bring the grasslands to life with the sound of jukebox music
- Star trader – Trade with villagers at the building height limit
You can read about changes, known issues, bug fixes, and technical updates in Minecraft 1.18 Bedrock Edition blog post.
All the latest gaming tips and tricks
Looking for tips and tricks on your favorite console and games? We have you covered…
What time is it? Call of Duty Warzone Pacific map outside?
PS5 Pro and PS5 Slim first look revealed in the STUNNING redesign concept.
Game Gala vs The Sandbox vs Decentraland: It’s the top metaverse game.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Science & Technology team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Source link Minecraft 1.18 update rolls out impressive new changes to the game as you know it