Miami Beach Spring Break shooting leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
Gunfire erupted in an area of Miami Beach that packed with people during spring break, killing one person, injuring another and sending dozens to safety, police said.
Two men were shot dead Friday night, and one person was arrested at the scene, the Miami Beach Police Department tweeted. It was not clear if the person being held was the shooter. Police also said three weapons were seized.
The shooting took place on South Beach’s Ocean Drive, which is closed to vehicular traffic on its busiest stretch as hundreds of people gather to celebrate spring break. One of the victims died in a hospital and the second person was in critical condition, police said. Their identities were not immediately released.
Dozens of people tried to escape the fire, authorities said. Several blocks in the area have been cordoned off with yellow caution tape.
Further information was not immediately available.
Filming is the second in as many years during spring break in South Beach. Last year, the city also imposed a midnight curfew on Ocean Drive after two shootings.
The year before, there were about 1,000 arrests and dozens of guns seized during a wild spring break, prompting Miami Beach officials to take steps to calm the situation.
https://nypost.com/2023/03/19/miami-beach-spring-break-shooting-leaves-1-dead-1-hurt/ Miami Beach Spring Break shooting leaves 1 dead, 1 injured