Local

Man struck by vehicle, killed on Raleigh freeway; no charges brought

RALEIGH, NC (WNCN) — A pedestrian was killed after being hit by a vehicle on the freeway in Raleigh Tuesday morning, according to the North Carolina State Highway Patrol.

Troopers said the incident happened around 6:30 a.m. on Interstate 440 East/Interstate 87 South near the Interstate 40 freeway interchange in southeast Raleigh.

Fire and rescue workers responded to a call made by a pedestrian but were initially unable to locate the scene, highway patrol said early that morning.

By 8 a.m. the pedestrian had been located and police officers were at the scene to investigate.

Police officers said the pedestrian was an adult male, but they are not releasing his identity because his family has not yet been notified.

The driver who struck the pedestrian, who soldiers said was in the roadway when struck, remained at the scene and is unlikely to be charged.

https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-news/wake-county-news/man-hit-by-vehicle-killed-on-interstate-in-raleigh-no-charges-filed/ Man struck by vehicle, killed on Raleigh freeway; no charges brought

DUSTIN JONES

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimetoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button