TOURISTS evacuated after a hotel ceiling collapsed, seriously injuring two people.
A 57-year-old woman was trapped under rubble for more than an hour after the hotel’s gym fell onto the kitchen.
She suffered multiple injuries, including to her face at the three-star Bluesea Piscis Hotel in Puerto de Alcudia, Majorca. Another Spaniard, 59, suffered head injuries.
Both were rescued and taken to the hospital. Several others were treated for minor injuries at the scene.
Unconfirmed reports suggested a gas leak caused this afternoon’s incident, which saw some fitness equipment fall to the lower floor.
Around 325 people are said to have been guests in the adults-only hotel.
Some of the holidaymakers, believed to be British tourists, are expected to stay at a nearby three-star resort called Hotel Bellevue Club.
Firefighters said in an initial statement: “Working in the kitchen at the Bluesea Piscis Hotel in Puerto de Alcudia following the gym collapse.
“Two people were rescued and are being treated by paramedics.
“We continue to review the affected structure of the building. Customers are relocated to other hotels.”
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18218263/majorca-tourists-hotel-ceiling-collapse/ Mallorca tourists evacuated after the hotel ceiling collapsed