KEWEENAW COUNTY, Mich. (WJMN) – In its 23rd year, the Keweenaw County Sheriff’s Department is donating to the ‘No Child No Christmas’ program. The program aims to provide Christmas gifts to children of families who are having difficulty buying gifts during the holiday season.
Those wishing to donate are encouraged to call the sheriff’s office at (906) 337-0528. Donation boxes will be available at local businesses, including Glacia Tavern and Lassila Insurance in Mohawk.
Families in need can apply for the program by calling the sheriff’s office or visiting the local Department of Health and Human Services office.
- Dickinson Area Community Foundation Organizes Open House for New Location in Downtown Iron Mountain
- Consumers Energy donates $750,000 in Gift Cards to over 60 Michigan communities
- Michigan inmates will have the option to attend virtual funerals
- Two Marquette County communities to receive Recreational Passport Subsidy funding
- Snowy winter holiday parade returns to downtown Marquette
https://www.upmatters.com/news/keweenaw-county-sheriffs-office-requesting-donations-for-no-kid-without-a-christmas-program/ Keweenaw County Sheriff’s Office Requests Donations for ‘No Child No Christmas’ Program