Jay Leno’s face is seen for the first time since a gasoline fire
Jay Leno will be home for the holidays after suffering “serious burns” in a petrol fire at a garage.
The 72-year-old former Tonight Show host and avid car collector posed for a photo with employees at the Grossman Burn Center in his private garage in California during his first sighting since the accident. The funny man wore his signature all-denim outfit and smiled alongside health workers in assorted blue scrubs.
“Comedian Jay Leno was released from the Grossman Burn Center today,” doctors said in a press release obtained by People on Monday. “After a 10-day stay at the facility, Jay is being post-treated at the Grossman Outpatient Burn Clinic for burns to his face, chest and hands sustained during a fire in his garage.
“Jay wants everyone to know how grateful he is for the care he has received and appreciates all the well wishes. He is looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with his family and friends and wishing everyone Happy Holidays.”
“I am pleased with Jay’s progress and am optimistic that he will make a full recovery,” said Leno’s doctor, Dr. Peter Grossman in the press release.
His recovery comes after the “Jay Leno’s Garage” host revealed last week that he was working on his 115-year-old car when a fuel leak and simultaneous spark caused an explosion in the 1907 White Steam Car.
He allowed Inside Edition cameras to film him being treated in a hyperbaric chamber. Leno also received skin grafts and another surgical procedure this week, but was reportedly walking around the burn center and cracking jokes.
“He had skin grafts that aren’t his own, meaning the skin we got from a skin bank or a donor, that’s what we do in the first phase,” Grossman said.
The medic added that Leno’s scars “will definitely be visible for the foreseeable future.
“We hope they will be minimal in the future. Visible or maybe not at all,” he said.
https://nypost.com/2022/11/21/jay-lenos-face-revealed-for-first-time-since-gasoline-fire/ Jay Leno’s face is seen for the first time since a gasoline fire