An unidentified 5-year-old boy found dead in a suitcase in the Indiana woods last month died of an electrolyte imbalance, according to autopsy results released Friday.
The victim, described as a 5-year-old black boy, was first spotted on April 16 by a mushroom picker near a Washington County road in a suitcase covered in the colorful iconic Las Vegas logo, officials said.
Police are still working to identify the boy.
Electrolyte imbalance can occur due to dehydration in the body — which can cause diarrhea and vomiting, WKYT reported.
His toxicology report was negative and he sustained no serious injuries, officials said.
The public has urged law enforcement to investigate where the uniquely decorated luggage the boy was found in came from. However, police said this would not aid the investigation as they look for stronger evidence, the outlet reported.
“We are well aware of this information,” said Sgt. Carey Huls of the Indiana State Police. “We don’t need such information on the suitcase. This has been well investigated by our detectives, but if anyone has first-hand knowledge of this suitcase in this area, that would be different. We would definitely like to have this information.”
No arrests have been made in the case and the investigation is ongoing.
https://nypost.com/2022/05/28/indiana-officials-say-child-found-stuffed-in-suitcase-died-from-electrolyte-imbalance/ Indiana officials say a child found stuffed in a suitcase died from an electrolyte imbalance