A WOMAN claims to have been bitten by a giant rat when she fell in her back garden, too scared to go outside again.
Michelle Dudley, 41, said she was in the yard of her council bungalow in Tipton, Birmingham when she was injured by a fall to the ground.
To her horror, she said she felt her finger bite – and discovered a giant rodent.
Michelle, who said she tripped because the garden was built on a slope, was forced to rush to the doctor for a tetanus shot.
She told Birmingham Mail she only has half an hour to decide if she wanted the bungalow in the first place – and wishes she’d spent more time making the choice.
“There’s a big slope in the garden,” she said.
“I fell down there and was bitten by a mouse.
“I was a bit dizzy and felt this bite on my finger.
“I saw a rat under a neighbor’s fence.
“It was all just a shock, I hit my head on the concrete fence tree in the garden.
“The garden was infested with rats and I am obsessed with them.
“My father had to keep coming and moving them out of the garden.”
Michelle, who has a disability, has lived in the bungalow for the past four years.
She begged the council to help clean up the garden.
However, local government officials say they have not been able to contact Michelle for nearly three years.
A Sandwell Council spokesman said: “Council received and responded to requests from this tenant for pest control services in 2019.
“There have been no other requests since.
“We have done some garden repairs, and we will arrange to visit the tenant to discuss any lingering concerns.”
The Sun has approached Sandwell Council for further comment.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17565187/bitten-huge-rat-back-garden-petrified/ I was bitten by a giant RAT in my back garden… I was too scared to go back there and I begged the council for help.