News

I thought my son was going to die after being bitten by an adder and his hand swollen to five times its size

A boy’s hand swelled fivefold and his parents feared for his life after he was bitten by an adder.

Jake Closier, eight, had played along sand dunes.

Jake Closier's hand swelled fivefold after being bitten by an adder

7

Jake Closier’s hand swelled fivefold after being bitten by an adderPhoto credit: SWNS
Jake's parents feared for his life after the adder bite

7

Jake’s parents feared for his life after the adder bitePhoto credit: SWNS
Jake was saved at Norfolk hospital with an anti-venom IV - pictured is the adder biting his hand

7

Jake was saved at Norfolk hospital with an anti-venom IV – pictured is the adder biting his handPhoto credit: SWNS

Mum Sophie, 32, and dad Kenny, 33, panicked when his hand became “completely hard”.

A local Hemsby, Norfolk, took her to the hospital where Jake was rescued with one Anti-Poison Drip.

Sophie, from Camden, London, said: “We ran away from the sand dunes and knocked on residents’ doors to get an address for the ambulance.

“At that point I didn’t know how serious the bite was.

Ashley Cole 'tied up with zip ties' as gang threatened to 'cut off fingers'
Emily Atack's horror as her shady colleague FLASHED her and forced her to make out with him

“The wound was black.

“He threw up and could have died. It was so scary.”

She added: “Thankfully a man drove us to the hospital when we were told we would be waiting eight hours for an ambulance

“The venom had shrunk his veins so they couldn’t get the antidote into him properly.

“They somehow managed to get it down his throat within the hour.

“He was in so much pain after they tried to stop the poison from getting into the heart.

“It took about four days.

Ashley Cole 'tied up with zip ties' as gang threatened to 'cut off fingers'
Emily Atack's horror as her shady colleague FLASHED her and forced her to make out with him

“We just want to warn people about adders when they are on sand dunes.

“Look what can happen.

Mama Sophie said:

7

Mama Sophie said: “The wound was black. He vomited and could have died. It was so scary’Photo credit: SWNS
Sophie added: “We just want to warn people about adders when they are on sand dunes.  Look what can happen'

7

Sophie added: “We just want to warn people about adders when they are on sand dunes. Look what can happen’Photo credit: SWNS

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18235452/adder-bite-boy-die-hand-swelled/ I thought my son was going to die after being bitten by an adder and his hand swollen to five times its size

Bobby Allyn

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimetoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button