News

I ordered KFC kids food and found what appeared to be a WORM in my drink

A mother says she was physically ill after ordering a KFC kid’s meal and finding what appeared to be a WORM in her drink.

Janine Shaw, 40, was disgusted when she made the gruesome discovery – having already downed some of her Pepsi.

Janine Shaw was enjoying a KFC kid's meal for lunch when she made the gruesome discovery

2

Janine Shaw was enjoying a KFC kid’s meal for lunch when she made the gruesome discoveryCredit: Janine Shaw / Media Wales
The mother says she was physically ill after seeing a worm in her drink

2

The mother says she was physically ill after seeing a worm in her drinkCredit: Janine Shaw / Media Wales

She had visited KFC Branch in Spytty, Newport on Wednesday to get a kid’s meal for their lunch.

But after the 40-year-old ate her chicken meal and washed it down with her Pepsi, she was horrified to see what appeared to be a worm in her drink.

Janine has now vowed never to visit the fast-food giant again – and has been “turned off” from takeaways altogether.

The community worker had spotted an unidentified crawly creature bathing in her drink after removing the lid from her cup.

What you need to know about warming up KFC
Martin Lewis explains how to get FREE food - or get paid to eat - at KFC and Greggs

She said she was ‘physically ill’ during her lunch break – and even felt queasy just telling the story later.

Janine wrote a scathing Facebook post sharing snaps of the “worm” to warn other customers to be careful.

The post read: “I get sick writing this. KFC Spytty Newport I visited this lunchtime, walked through the drive through and had a kids chicken fillet with Pepsi.

“Everything was fine with the food, the lid of the drink didn’t have a hole for the straw, so I had to take it off.

“I started drinking my drink and saw something on the rim of the cup, on closer inspection it was a tiny worm!

“The texture shape and head were clearly visible! It was definitely nothing from the pipes etc.

“I feel physically ill, I wouldn’t have even noticed if I hadn’t had to take the lid off and from the small amount I drank I don’t know if there was more in it.

“Plus, this was supposed to be a kid’s meal and I’m sure a kid wouldn’t have stopped to watch!

“I filed a complaint with KFC the last time I visited, but watch out for their cleanliness!”

I don’t think I’ll ever be able to drink a drink from a fast food restaurant again. It really turned me off from all fast food in general.

Janine Shaw

It is not known where the error came from or what it is exactly.

The mother was mortified by her experience but admitted she has never had any problems with the KFC branch in the past.

Janine added: “I’m not a regular visitor to be honest, but I’ve been there many times.

“I don’t think I’ll ever be able to drink a drink from a fast food restaurant again. It really turned me off from all fast food in general.

“It made me physically ill, but I guess that was just thinking about what I was taking.

COLONEL LOSES A CUSTOMER

“I had already drunk some before I saw it in the cup. It definitely looked like a worm or some kind of bug.

“The vending machine must have been dirty. While waiting for the drive-thru, I noticed that the store has a food hygiene rating of 5.”

The Spytty store was awarded the highest food hygiene rating following a 2019 inspection.

Janine said she took her complaint to KFC headquarters after the somber addition to her drink – and says she will never be a customer of the Colonel again.

A KFC spokesman said: “We are really sorry that Janine was kept from her meal – that’s the last thing we want.

Tim Westwood 'victims reveal they felt 'dirty' after he engaged in sexual acts'
Urgent WhatsApp alert as all 2BILLION users have been urged to delete text immediately

“We have very strict hygiene and quality processes in our restaurants and the EHO confirmed that all our procedures were in order.

“We haven’t had any similar complaints, but we never want to leave a guest disappointed, so we reached out to them to make things right.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18382976/mum-found-worm-in-kfc-drink-physically-sick/ I ordered KFC kids food and found what appeared to be a WORM in my drink

Bobby Allyn

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimetoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button