Entertainment

I ate leftovers while at my friend’s house

FOOD poisoning is a fairly common phenomenon with more than 48 million Americans getting sick each year, according to CDC.

What’s really uncommon, however, is losing a limb because of it.

A 19-year-old man was hospitalized for a month after eating leftovers

2

A 19-year-old man was hospitalized for a month after eating leftoversCredit: Getty

For a teenager with food poisoning, things got worse in just a few days.

While staying at a friend’s house, a 19-year-old man didn’t think twice about enjoying some leftover Chinese food, according to a March 2021 medical study conducted by WFLA-TV.

In one videotapes detailing the study, it is said that the man’s friend also ate the leftovers and vomited twice.

However, the morning after drinking, the teenager was so sick that he couldn’t brush his teeth, so his friend took him to the hospital.

There, the man began experiencing chest pain, shortness of breath, vomiting, and a fever of more than 105 degrees Fahrenheit.

He also developed purple discolorations all over his skin, so he was rushed to the hospital and given oxygen.

Within an hour of arriving at the hospital, the man’s blood pressure had dropped to half of what he had come in, and his condition had only gotten worse.

He developed dark bruises all over his body, his blood pressure continued to drop, and doctors did not take any medication to alleviate any of his symptoms.

In the end, the man was transferred to another hospital for better resources.

At the new hospital, doctors realized that the 19-year-old’s kidneys had completely stopped working, and his lungs, heart and blood were also on the decline.

After tons of tests, it was discovered he had meningococcal disease, a severe form of sepsis caused by the presence of meningococcal bacteria in his blood.

Over the next few days, parts of the man’s fingers and legs below the knee became infected, and doctors were forced to remove all the dead tissue.

The man slowly recovered and 26 days later, he became fully conscious.

Doctors discovered that the man had missed a meningococcal vaccine when he was 16 years old and a second booster shot before he entered college, but they were never able to detect the food. There are bacteria like.

Also, you may want to know The right way to reheat your leftovers, including only one side dish.

His nausea and abdominal pain quickly turned to respiratory problems, purple skin, and multiple organ failure

2

His nausea and abdominal pain quickly turned to respiratory problems, purple skin, and multiple organ failureCredit: Getty

We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for the American team The Sun?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/17747207/ate-leftovers-food-poisoning-purple-skin-amputation/ I ate leftovers while at my friend’s house

Dais Johnston

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimetoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button