If you own Dying Light 2 on PS4, you can upgrade to the PS5 version for free. This is great news because intergenerational upgrades aren’t as straightforward as they might be. Some publishers don’t offer them at all, some are free, and others require you to purchase a specific version of the game or pay for an upgrade. With PS5 stock continuing to be low, many players have faced the dilemma of choosing between buying a game for their PS4 or holding out to save money. It’s nice to know that’s not the case with Dying Light 2.
How to upgrade Dying Light 2 PS4 to PS5
We’re assuming that upgrading to the PS5 version of Dying Light 2 will be done like any other cross-generational title. Do like that:
- Make sure the disc is in the drive if you own a physical copy.
- Sign in to the PS5 console.
- Find the PS5 version of the game in the PlayStation Store and go to the game center.
- Select the upgrade offer on the game center.
- After confirming the upgrade offer, select “Download”.
- Once the download is complete, launch the game from your XMB or game library.
If you downloaded the PS5 version and it keeps launching the PS4 version, you will need to switch to the correct settings. Do like that:
- Go to the tile on the home screen or go to the gallery.
- Select the game and press
[...]to open the options menu.
- Here you will be able to choose which version you want to play.
Unfortunately, some bad news was further confirmed with this announcement. Cross-platform and cross-generation co-op will not be available for Dying Light 2 at launch. However, Techland plan to support the game for five years, so we’ll probably see it added at some point.
In other news, despite rumors Sony said there were never any plans to discontinue PS4 production, and Call of Duty can drop its annual releases.
https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2022/01/21/how-to-upgrade-dying-light-2-ps5-from-ps4/ How to upgrade Dying Light 2 PS5 from PS4