With TikTok growing every day, many people are still new to the platform and are figuring out the best way to create videos. Therefore, a question is always asked: how to remove filters from a TikTok video?
It’s incredibly frustrating to post a video with a certain filter on it and then realize too late that it would have actually been better with an alternative filter.
But how can you correct the situation? Is that even possible? Unfortunately, the short answer is not a good one. If you’re looking to remove a filter from a TikTok video you’ve already posted, you’re out of luck as it just can’t be done.
However, you can remove filters from a video in your drafts or right after recording. Here’s everything we know about the process.
While you can’t remove filters from a video that’s already been posted or from other users’ uploads, you can edit your own videos after they’ve been captured and saved as a draft.
To remove filters from your TikTok drafts:
- Launch the TikTok app and open your profile
- Tap on your drafts and select the video you want to edit
- Tap the back button in the top left to return to the editing options
- In the Effects menu at the bottom left you will find an undo button – this will remove any filters added to your video. If you added several, you need to tap the button multiple times.
- Tap Next to save changes and None to continue without adding filters
- Save your draft
You can also remove filters from a video after it’s taken, as long as you do it before it’s posted.
- Launch the app and start recording by pressing the camera button at the bottom center
- Tap the “Filter” icon on the right side of the screen
- Under the Portrait menu you will find Normal – this removes any filters that may be applied to your video
You can also record your TikTok videos without the preset settings. This process is similar to removing filters from recorded video, but requires a few additional steps.
- Launch the app and start recording
- In the right pane, tap Filters.
- Select “normal” under portrait format.
- Tap on the “Effects” icon to the left of the record button, click on the circle icon with the solid line on the top left of the menu
- Disable Enhance mode
While you can remove filters from videos in your drafts, you can also hide filters you don’t like or don’t want to use, allowing your app to focus more on exactly what you want to use.
Here’s how you can remove TikTok filters so you don’t have to scroll through them and just use the ones you prefer instead:
- Launch the app and press the camera icon to open the camera view.
- Tap on the filter icon on the left side of the screen.
- Swipe the menu above the filter label and select Manage to preview the available filters.
- Click on the different filters to preview and find the ones you like.
- If you don’t need or want filters, tap the checkmark to deselect them.
- All filters that are not activated will no longer be displayed in your list.
This is very useful when you want to quickly navigate through your favorite or most used filters without wasting time scrolling through each filter.
So there you have it. While you can’t directly remove filters from a video you’ve already posted, you can make sure you don’t make the same mistake twice by hiding it from your Filters tab.
It might be possible to remove filters from videos in the future, but TikTok hasn’t suggested this is a feature they’re interested in, so we wouldn’t hold out hope.
https://www.dexerto.com/entertainment/how-to-remove-tiktok-filters-1381170/ How to remove TikTok filters