News

Here’s How Hard It Is To Win Back Of The Bengals Over The Chiefs – NBC10 Philadelphia

Sunday’s AFC Championship is a story of two halves.

With 3:36 left and a 21-3 lead in the second quarter, the Captain has a 94.8% chance of winning, according to ESPN. That 5.2% is all it takes for a Bengali to win a ticket to Super Bowl LVI.

True to their post-season form, Cincinnati beat Arrowhead by seven points, with the Chiefs having a 78.4% chance of winning. That seemed to be an accurate prediction for most of the first half as the Captain quickly took a 21-3 lead in the second half. As the Bengals defense strengthened and Joe Burrow began to attack, Cincinnati slowly took the lead, eventually finishing things off at 21 per game with a full fourth inning.

While the captains appeared to have the upper hand on several occasions – most notably by winning the coin in extra time – the Bengals remained calm in the final period until they put their foot forward. rookie Evan McPherson reminisced about the epic games of last week’s group stage and sent the Bengali to the Super Bowl for the first time since 1988.

This victory from behind has earned its place in the history books.

With 18 points, it matches the Bengals franchise’s second-biggest comeback, having been achieved twice before, both times in the regular season (1996 and 1997). The largest deficits the Bengali have ever come back – 21 points – occurred in 1981 and 1995.

It also featured a draw for the seventh-biggest comeback in NFL playoff history. Of the NFL’s six larger playoff returns, three have occurred in the previous decade, including captains clearing a 24 points deficit to Texas in the division round last season.

The Bengals, who have now beaten both the 1st and 2nd seeds in the AFC on their way to the Super Bowl, are challenging their reputation as an underdog team.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/national-international/heres-how-unlikely-the-bengals-comeback-win-over-the-chiefs-was/3126962/ Here’s How Hard It Is To Win Back Of The Bengals Over The Chiefs – NBC10 Philadelphia

Huynh Nguyen

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimetoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button