OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – The Oklahoma City Fire Department extinguished a house fire that started as a grass fire in the southwestern part of the city.
Crews were called to the 400 block of Southwest 52nd Street, Tuesday afternoon.
They were initially warned that the fire was a grass fire, but they found a house in the flames when they arrived.
Dense fire and smoke engulfed the home’s garage, according to fire officials.
Neighbors knocked on the door of the house and alerted two residents inside to put out the fire. Two people and two pets got out safely.
Firefighters extinguished the fire.
The first started in the backyard as a grass fire but spread to the house.
Residents told officials there had been a small grass fire in the backyard earlier in the day, but they thought they had put it out.
Neither residents nor firefighters were injured.
https://kfor.com/news/local/grassfire-becomes-housefire-in-sw-oklahoma-city/ Grassfire turns house fire in SW Oklahoma City