PHOTO FILE: October 15, 2021; Las Vegas, Nevada, USA; Dustin Johnson started the second round of the CJ Cup golf tournament at The Summit Club. Required Credit: Joe Camporeale-USA Sports TODAY
November 29, 2021
(Reuters) – Major champions Dustin Johnson, Bryson DeChambeau and Phil Mickelson are among the names that have been confirmed to play the February 3-6 Saudi International, tournament organizers said on Monday. .
Paul Casey, Shane Lowry, Graeme McDowell, Ian Poulter, Xander Schauffele, Adam Scott, Abraham Ancer, Lee Westwood and Tommy Fleetwood are also among those confirmed to attend the event at the Royal Greens Golf and Country Club.
The tournament, which has been controversial because of allegations of human rights abuses against the Saudi government, comes at the same time as the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am and PGA Tour say it has yet to license Tour members exempted from competition. at a non-PGA event.
Laura Neal, executive vice president of communications for the PGA Tour, told Reuters: “We do not accept any conflicting event announcements for the Saudi Arabia International.
“According to the PGA TOUR rules, a decision can be made about bringing up conflicting events up to 30 days before the first round of the event.”
Last month, Golfweek reported that eight players, including world number three Johnson, had applied for a waiver. If they are not licensed and the players still play there, they could face a fine.
All eight players who applied for a waiver are listed as confirmed for Monday’s event.
(Reporting by Rory Carroll in Los Angeles; editing by Clare Fallon)
https://www.oann.com/golf-johnson-dechambeau-and-mickelson-confirmed-for-saudi-international/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=golf-johnson-dechambeau-and-mickelson-confirmed-for-saudi-international Golf-Johnson, DeChambeau and Mickelson confirm participation in Saudi International