News

Father and two sons were killed in a house fire in the early hours of Christmas morning after a tree light ignited a spark

A DAD and his two sons tragically died at dawn on Christmas morning in a deadly fire reported to have been started by lights on the family tree.

Eric King, 41, and his two children, Liam, eleven, and Patrick, eight, died in the fire that quickly broke out in their home on Saturday.

Eric King, 41, and his two children, 11-year-old Liam and 8-year-old Patrick, have died.  His wife Kristen and 13-year-old son Brady managed to escape.

3

Eric King, 41, and his two children, 11-year-old Liam and 8-year-old Patrick, have died. His wife Kristen and 13-year-old son Brady managed to escape.Credit: GoFundMef
Two houses burned in the fire

3

Two houses burned in the fireCredit: CBS Philly

His wife Kristen and 13-year-old son Brady managed to escape the fire but were taken to hospital for treatment.

Two family dogs also died in the accident, Bucks County Courier Times report.

Quakertown Police confirmed that fire units were called to the home in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, around 1.20 a.m. Christmas Day.

Emergency responders found half of the twin’s house on fire.

The fire was reportedly so intense that emergency services were unable to enter the home to put out the fire.

“It was such a hot fire that most of the content where it started was burned,” said Scott McElree, police chief of Quakertown. KYW-TV.

“Right now, we understand we’re looking at the Christmas tree that might have caught on fire due to the Christmas lights on that Christmas tree,” he added.

“We will continue to investigate to find out why it caught fire, but the evidence is very clear that it started with the Christmas tree. It is a real tree.

McElree explains that Christmas trees “burn very fast and get very hot”

“When the tree was dry, it was a strong and powerful source. There was a large amount of heat and that probably contributed.”

The house next door was damaged but the family inside was lucky to get out uninjured.

Karen Hammerschmidt, who runs an organization called Quakertown Community Outreach and was at the scene overnight, told Philadelphia Inquirer that the neighbor almost escaped in time.

“She actually went out with the clothes on her back; her and her son and her dog, it’s a miracle they succeeded. The fire ignited within minutes,” she said.

‘ALWAYS SMILE’

ONE GoFundMe has since been founded to help Kristen and Brady as they battle the pain of losing their family and home.

“In the early hours of Christmas morning, Eric and Kristin King’s house was on fire. Brady, their eldest son, and Kristin were able to get out, but not Eric, Liam, Patrick, and their two dogs. Their entire house was destroyed by fire fighting,” the campaign read.

It said that the couple, who were in high school, were “always smiling and full of positivity”

It also added that the family was a “large part of the Quakertown Youth Baseball Association and spent their days and nights at the baseball fields.”

Campaign organizer Kristin Randazzo said: “You can’t help but love them

“The Quakertown community will be deeply impacted by this tremendous loss. Please help Brady and Kristin feel the community’s love and support as they deal with healing following this horrific tragedy. “

It raised $179,000 as of 3 p.m. Saturday.

SUPPORT FOR SMALL STUDENTS

“It’s horrible,” McElree said, as he noted that the Quakertown school district had been notified.

“This affects all of us. This affects our community, our families in general, the children in school and those who know the King family. We are partners in this. this and we and the district will do what we can to support everyone.”

They also released a separate statement, revealing that they are “in the process of setting up a support hotline.”

“We share with you this Christmas morning with unbearable sadness, the tragic news that the King family, in a house fire earlier today, lost their father and two elementary school students. Richland students, Liam, a 5th grader, and Patrick, a third grader,” read the statement.

“Mother and Brady, an 8th grader at Strayer High, are lucky to be alive. This news is devastating to the School District community and the Quakertown area at large.

“Eric and Kristin are very active in the community and are the people who make it such a special place to live and go to school.

“The district extends its sincerest condolences to the King family and many of their friends and loved ones.”

The fire is still under investigation.

The fire is lit by the lights on the Christmas tree

3

The fire is lit by the lights on the Christmas treeCredit: CBS Philly

We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for the US team The Sun?

We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for the US team The Sun?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17144449/king-family-killed-house-fire-christmas-morning-tree-lights/ Father and two sons were killed in a house fire in the early hours of Christmas morning after a tree light ignited a spark

Huynh Nguyen

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimetoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button