The latest Vanguard update is live with some new fixes. From reducing game crashes related to the Ray Gun in Zombies to adding the bomb timer to ranked play, it’s all in the new patch.
In 2022, Sledgehammer Games and its supporting studios were at a simmer fixing minor bugs and issues in Vanguard.
April 18th To update carries the torch by making some minor but much-needed adjustments that span the game.
What changed in Vanguard’s April 18 update?
The most notable adjustment was the fix for inspecting your weapons in Zombies mode. The developers have addressed an issue with both the Ray Gun and the Decimator Shield silver bullet that previously caused the entire game to crash.
In addition, they fixed another crash bug that prevented Xbox players from waking their game from an idle state.
A stability update was deployed in #Vanguardincluding fixes for:
▪️ Access to the Armory while crossplay is disabled
▪️ Search and destroy bomb timers
▪️ Glide bomb targets persist after use
— Sledgehammer Games (@SHGames) April 18, 2022
The last major change was the addition of the bomb timer to the Search & Destroy HUD for ranked matches.
Prior to this change, players previously had to open the scoreboard to check how much time is left before detonation.
This fundamental feature of the game mode has been mysteriously absent from Vanguard.
For more information, see the full patch notes below.
Vanguard April 18 update full patch notes
- Fixed an issue where Operators could be invisible during the MVP voting phase.
- Bomb timers are now always shown in the HUD.
- arms race
- Improved physics when colliding with a Nebula crate using the CD12 transport vehicle.
- Battle Shield (Melee)
- Fixed an issue that caused Operator heads to disappear when using a Battle Shield and Akimbo weapons.
- Glide Bomb (5 kills)
- Aiming UI elements no longer persists when a teammate uses a Ball Turret Gunner while the player’s Glide Bomb is active.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some players from being placed on a ladder after completing their 5 skill evaluation matches.
User Interface and Experience
- Progress is now correctly displayed in the rank widget in multiplayer menus.
- Players can now access the Armory while the cross-play option is disabled.
- Operators will now display the correct weapon during the countdown of a Free for All match.
- Fixed a crash when resuming the game from an idle state on Xbox consoles.
Bundles & Cosmetics
- The Hard Shell Bundle now grants the correct item for the Typhoon weapon spell.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Halima’s face from animating properly during loot preview.
- Fixed a stability issue where players would be kicked out of a match when reviving a player using only melee and tactical items.
- Added stability fixes for crashes occurring while inspecting the Decimator Shield or Ray Cannon. Weapon inspections for these two items have been enabled.
https://www.dexerto.com/call-of-duty/cod-vanguard-april-18-update-patch-notes-ray-gun-fix-new-bomb-timer-more-1806842/ CoD Vanguard April 18th Update Patch Notes: Ray Gun Fix, New Bomb Timer & More