Clayton man charged with shooting dead two teenagers
Editor’s Note: This story has been updated to show the shooting occurred on May 22nd.
CLAYTON, NC (WNCN) — A Clayton man was arrested and charged with shooting dead two 16-year-olds on Sunday, the Johnston County Sheriff’s Office said.
The sheriff’s office said deputies responded to a shootout at a house on Sequoia Drive near Clayton shortly after 10 p.m.
Responding MPs found that two 16-year-old boys had been shot.
The sheriff’s office said both victims were taken to the hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
Maynor Flores-Salinas, 20, has been identified as a suspect and charged with two counts of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill and cause serious injury.
On Monday, Flores-Salinas was arrested with the help of the Clayton Police Department.
He is being held under a $450,000 secured bond.
The shooting is still under investigation.
https://www.cbs17.com/news/clayton-man-charged-with-shooting-2-teens-in-april/ Clayton man charged with shooting dead two teenagers