A food shop in China was forced to close after inspectors found evidence of slums and rubbish.
Stomach-ache photos show the inside of the restaurant in Merthyr Tydfil, which has been fined £1,600.
The Chinese Aberfan was visited by an environmental health officer last August after a customer said they had found rats in the back of the property, Wales online reported.
The inspector gave the restaurant a non-food hygiene assessment and ordered it to close.
Merthyr Tydfil Council has now issued a notice that the restaurant owner has been taken to court for violating food hygiene regulations.
The council said the restaurant “operated in poor sanitary conditions” and that the problem had “continued for a long time”
The statement read: “The Chinese restaurant Aberfan in Merthyr Tydfil was found to be operating in poor sanitary conditions and ordered to close due to a rodent infestation.
“The council’s environmental health division received a complaint from a concerned member of the public who had found rats in the backyard of the food business. the business.”
“The kitchen was filthy, the food was contaminated and there was clear evidence of swarms of bugs in the warehouse where food ingredients were stored.
“The inspector found serious structural defects in the facility that allowed easy entry for rodents and a bag of poison was thrown on the floor in the hopes that this would resolve the issue.
“It’s clear this issue has been going on for a long time and the business owner hasn’t addressed the issue properly.
“Given the unacceptable conditions, the inspector has issued legal notice to officially close the business until improvements are made and the property is granted a food hygiene rating.” zero, which is the lowest possible score.”
Restaurant owner Ms. Xiu Hui Xiao attended Merthyr Tydfil Magistrates Court on January 26, 2022, and pleaded guilty to nine counts of violating food hygiene regulations.
The council said Ms Xiao had been fined a total of £1,600 and ordered to pay £697.50 in costs and a £160 victim surcharge.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The Sun news desk?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17628985/chinese-takeaway-close-rodent-nest-filth-inspectors/ China was forced to close after ‘slums’ and trash were discovered by inspectors