Cause revealed in deaths of three US citizens in Sandals, Bahamas

Three people from the US who were found dead at a resort in the Bahamas earlier this month are believed to have died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Michael Phillips, 68, and his wife Robbie, 65, who lived in Tennessee, were found dead on May 7 at their villa in the luxury resort of Sandals Emerald Bay on the island of Exuma.

Vincent Chiarella, 64, found dead in adjacent villa; He was visiting the Bahamas with his wife, Donnis, who was found alive on a bed and taken to the hospital and later flown to Florida.

Autopsy and toxicology reports completed this month show the three died from carbon monoxide poisoning, reported The Nassau Guardian.

The victims’ families have asked a private pathologist to perform separate autopsies, Health Secretary Michael Darville told reporters last week.

Forensic evidence and samples were collected from where the victims were discovered to determine if any contaminants were present, according to Bahamas Police Commissioner Paul Rolle.

Officials said the victims stayed in the same building but in different villas at the same resort.

Officials added that there were no signs of trauma on their bodies.

Earlier, Mr Rolle said couples Chiarella and Phillips complained of being unwell on Thursday night and received medical treatment before returning to their rooms.

“They were all treated at different times and ate at different places,” he said. Cause revealed in deaths of three US citizens in Sandals, Bahamas

Bobby Allyn

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button