Bruno Tonioli is leaving Strictly Come Dancing while Anton Du Beke steps in as a permanent replacement

Bruno Tonioli has announced his departure Be sure to come dance after 18 years, with Anton Du Beke replacing him on the jury.

The Italian star, 66, announced the news in Thursday’s episode The One Show (May 19) declared that travel commitments to film Dancing with the stars on Disney Plus in the US will make it impossible for him to film Strict in the UK in the future.

His decision comes after two years of partial absence from the jury due to Covid travel restrictions. former Strict Profi Du Beke had temporarily stepped in for him in the 2021 series.

Tonioli said he was sad to leave StrictShe said, “I miss it so much.” His exit means Craig Revel Horwood is now the only original Strict to remain judges since the show’s launch in 2004.

Many fans loved Tonioli because of his extravagance and liveliness. He often jumped out of his chair as he gave contestants their feedback – in stark contrast to the grumpy and hard-to-please Horwood.

“Bruno will always be a Strict legend and is very funny and a great judge but I really enjoyed Anton last season,” one viewer tweeted. “He’s made for it. Also, Bruno can probably manage a bit for all the flying back and forth to make ours Strict and Dancing with the stars Good move, I say!”

Another wrote: “Bruno Tonioli my favorite judge of Strict has left. I loved his reactions to the performances during film week. You could tell that he knew a lot about films and the connection between dance and film. Thank you Bruno.”

A third said: “Nooooooooooo! He is irreplaceable. @ClaudiaWinkle please do something!!!!”

Du Beke was a judge for the first time last year after being one of the show’s professional dancers for 16 years.

“I think Anton did a fantastic job,” said Tonioli. “He deserves to be in this seat. A 10 from me. Continue. Make me proud.”

Access unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Amazon Prime Video Sign up now for a free 30-day trial

Register

Du Beke said in a statement, “Everyone knows how much I absolutely love the show and I’m so excited to continue serving as a regular judge.”

Shirley Ballas and Motsi Mabuse make up the rest of the jury.

Tonioli isn’t the only star to leave the series this year, Aljaž Škorjanec and Oti Mabuse also recently announced they are stepping down from their roles as professional dancers on the show.

The 20th episode of Be sure to come dance will be broadcast on BBC One later this year.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/bruno-tonioli-quit-strictly-come-dancing-b2083516.html Bruno Tonioli is leaving Strictly Come Dancing while Anton Du Beke steps in as a permanent replacement

JOE HERNANDEZ

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimetoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button