Entertainment

Bob Odenkirk talks about near-death heart attack

Bob Odenkirk spoke about the near-death “heart incident” he experienced in July while he was at the set of his AMC show Better Call Saul.

The 59-year-old actor sat down NBC show Today host Willie Geist opens up about his “shocking” health crisis of July 2021 in a candid interview that will air on Sunday.

He explained that the doctors made it clear he was having a “heart attack” and not a heart attack, stating that his “widowmaker’s artery was completely blocked.”

“That’s why it’s called widowmaker, because you die when that happens. But I went under. And I was very fortunate to have my co-stars Rhea Seehorn and Patrick Fabian right around the corner.”

He recounted how his colleagues rushed over and sounded the alarm when health officials began CPR and eventually used a defibrillator three times to revive him.

Bob Odenkirk gives an interview about his past "cardiac prolapse"
Actor Bob Odenkirk opened up about his “heart attack” eight months after collapsing on set.
Courtesy of Today

“I wasn’t present at any of them. But I’m told it was quite a shocking day on set. And traumatizing for all my co-stars and crew members and people I love very much who love me. And stood by my side and then walked me to the hospital,” Odenkirk said.

He previously shared that, shockingly, he had no pulse and no memory when he initially collapsed between filming.

“We shot one scene, we shot all day, and luckily I didn’t go back to my trailer,” he said recently New York Times.

The 59-year-old actor sat down with TODAY's Willie Geist to talk about his health struggles.
The 59-year-old actor sat down with Willie Geist to discuss his health issues.
Courtesy of Today

The Better Call Saul star was taken to Presbyterian Hospital in Albuquerque, New Mexico, where doctors surgically “blew up the little balloons and knocked out this plaque, leaving stents in two places.”

Odenkirk admitted he discovered plaque buildup in his heart in 2018, but decided not to seek treatment at the time. The father-of-two said he was fine until “one of those pieces of plaque broke up” last year.

He has since recovered and started filming again.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/11/bob-odenkirk-opens-up-about-near-death-heart-incident/ Bob Odenkirk talks about near-death heart attack

Dais Johnston

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimetoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button