Nine other women have accused Bill Cosby of sexual assault in a lawsuit alleging he used his “tremendous power, fame and prestige” to victimize them.
A lawsuit filed Wednesday in Nevada federal court alleges that the women were individually drugged and assaulted in homes, locker rooms and hotels in Las Vegas, Reno and Lake Tahoe between approximately 1979 and 1992.
One woman alleges that Cosby, who claimed to be her acting mentor, lured her from New York to Nevada, where he drugged her with supposedly non-alcoholic cider in a hotel room and then raped her.
The 85-year-old former “Cosby Show” star has now been accused of rape, sexual assault and sexual harassment by more than 60 women.
He has denied all allegations related to sex crimes.
He was him The first celebrity was tried and convicted in the #MeToo era — and spent nearly three years in a state penitentiary near Philadelphia before a higher court overturned the conviction and released him in 2021.
Earlier this year, a Los Angeles jury awarded $500,000 to a woman who said Cosby sexually assaulted her at the Playboy Mansion in 1975 when she was 16.
The Nevada lawsuit came just weeks after Gov. Joe Lombardo signed into law a bill that would remove a two-year deadline for filing adult sex abuse cases.
Similar lawsuits have followed other “lookback laws” in other states.
One of the plaintiffs, Lise-Lotte Lublin, a native of Nevada, had campaigned for the change. She previously claimed that Cosby gave her hard drinks and raped her in a Las Vegas hotel in 1989.
The Associated Press does not identify individuals who say they have been sexually assaulted unless they come forward publicly.
“For years I have been fighting for survivors of sexual assault and today for the first time I can fight for myself,” Lotte-Lublin said in a statement cited by the organization Las Vegas Review Journal. “With the new law change, I now have the opportunity to bring my attacker, Bill Cosby, to justice. My journey has only just begun, but I am grateful for this opportunity to find justice.”
In California, a former Playboy model who alleges Cosby drugged and sexually abused her and another woman at his home in 1969 sued him June 1 under a new California law that extends the statute of limitations on lawsuits subjected to sexual abuse.
Cosby publicist Andrew Wyatt criticized such laws in a statement on Wednesday.
“Mr. Cosby is a citizen of this United States, but these judges and legislators are constantly allowing these civil lawsuits to flood their files – knowing full well that these women are not fighting for victims, but for their addiction to massive media attention and greed,” Wyatt said .
“From this day forward, we will no longer allow these women to display various accounts of an alleged allegation against Mr. Cosby without scrutiny in the court of public opinion and in the courtroom,” Wyatt said.
In the latest lawsuit, the women allege that Cosby “used his tremendous power, fame and standing, and his interest in helping them and/or their careers as an excuse to isolate and sexually assault them.”