Beyoncé is reportedly doing #MeToo checks on everyone involved in her new album, Renaissance – and has reportedly already turned down two “high profile” artists from appearing on the record.
The 40-year-old “Single Ladies” hitmaker, whose highly anticipated seventh studio album is due out on July 29, made the decision after her former collaborator was accused of rape, The Sun reported on Tuesday.
Music producer Detail, who won a Grammy in 2015 for co-writing Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s hit “Drunk in Love,” was accused of sexual abuse in 2020. He has vehemently denied the allegations.
Detail, real name Noel Fisher, was arrested in August 2020 for alleged assaults between 2010 and 2018 on 15 counts of sexual assault and five counts of felonies.
The producer, who has also produced hits for Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj, has been held on nearly $6.3 million bail and has no involvement with the singer’s latest music release.
But in an extremely careful attempt to avoid getting caught up in potential messes, the multiple Grammy award winner resorted to screening her staff.
“Beyonce was devastated to find out that Detail, one of her former employees, had been accused of rape and sexual assault,” a source told The Sun.
“She has stopped collaborating with him and her team is now doing #MeToo checks for potential collaborators. Two songs by high profile artists have been rejected due to allegations they are facing,” the source added.
The insider said that while her decision “rushed people the wrong way,” the former Destiny’s Child frontwoman “doesn’t care” because she “wants to send a signal that any and all abuse shouldn’t be normalized.”
The Post has reached out to Beyoncé’s rep for comment.
https://nypost.com/2022/07/06/beyonce-running-metoo-checks-on-collaborators-for-album-report/ Beyoncé, who runs #MeToo, reviews staff for Album: Report