CHRISTMAS spending can get pretty pricey, so we’ve tracked down the best gifts under £5 to keep you within your festive budget this year.
We’ve got stocking filler ideas for the whole family from popular retailers such as Next and B&M, as well as the big supermarket chains including Tesco and Sainsbury’s to keep everyone happy on Christmas morning.
We’ve done our best to find the cheapest options but you should always compare prices incase you can find a better deal elsewhere.
All of theses prices were correct at the time of writing, but could change in the run up to Christmas.
Similarly, all of the products were in stock when we chose them but might run out as people kick off their Christmas shopping.
Most of the gifts we’ve selected can be picked up in store but if you buy online make sure to factor any extra costs into the overall price.
Gifts for kids
1. Marvel Action Figure Spiderman – £3.99 (B&M in store only)
Superhero fans will love this Marvel Spider-man action figure – and it’s just £3.99.
If Spider-man isn’t your little one’s favourite character, have no fear as you can also get Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America and Black Panther toys.
Bear in mind that this stocking filler isn’t suitable for children under four years due to small parts that could be a choking hazard.
You can’t shop online with B&M, so you’ll have to find your nearest store.
2. B&M Lego Vidiyo Metal Dragon Beatbox – £5 (B&M in store only)
Kids, and adult Lego fans, can bring this dragon singer mini figure to life by downloading the Lego Vidiyo app.
Scan the minifigure and the special effect options to make your own music video.
Inside the Beatbox, there’s space to store the brick-built scan stage and it folds up so kids can take the musical toy wherever they go.
The figure comes with its own toy microphone as well.
Again, you’ll you’ll have to find your nearest B&M store to snap up this bargain.
3. Sparkle Squad unicorn – £1 (Poundland in store only)
This Sparkle Squad unicorn is a My Little Pony lookalike at a much lower price.
It would make a sweet stocking filler and won’t break the bank as it’s only £1.
The unicorn toy also comes with a comb to brush its pink mane.
4. LOL Surprise! sequin purse and jewellery set – £4.99 (Home Bargains in store and online)
Kids can create their own jewellery with this LOL Surprise! set – that includes two pots of beads and a charm.
It also includes a sequin purse and a surprise gift.
Even better- the set is on sale and is reduced to £4.99 from the recommended price of £9.99 – saving you £5.
Home Bargains does offer delivery,
5. Peppa Pig figures – £4.99 (Home Bargains in store and online)
Let your kids get crafty with Boris Johnson’s favourite cartoon character Peppa Pig.
These mess-free colouring pads come with marker pens that are non-toxic and won’t colour on skin, furniture or fabrics
It comes with an 18-page colouring colouring pad and five markers that should keep the kids busy for most of Christmas morning.
6. Knock-Knock Jokes for Funny Kids – £2 (The Works in store and online)
Keep the kids entertained this Christmas, or get them to entertain you with this big book of 200 jokes.
The book features gems such as “Knock knock, who’s there? Cash.
Cash who? No thanks, I prefer peanuts.”
It’s designed to be easy to read, with silly illustrations for extra laughs.
7. Santa Rubber Duck – £4 (Next in store and online)
This Santa rubber duck can bring a touch of Christmas to bath time.
It’s for children over one year old.
Next also has a reindeer rubber duck and a Christmas tree version, in case you want to mix it up or collect them all.
8. Playgro Under the Sea Squirtees – £2.80 (Asda in store and online)
These under the sea characters offer loads of bath time fun for younger kids.
The characters can be filled with water then squeezed to shoot it out.
9. Frozen 3Inch Figure Assorted – £3.50 (Tesco in store and online)
Frozen fans will be thrilled when they unwrap this Elsa figure on Christmas morning.
Other characters from the animated film are available – including Olaf the Snowman.
10. Horrible Histories Battle Card Game – £5 (Tesco in store and online)
These Horrible History cards are fun and educational.
You’ll get two games for your £5 – one is based on the “terrifying Tudors” and the other is “savage Stone Age” themed.
The game is designed for two to four players aged six years and over.
11. Mad Beauty Disney Princess Ariel Bath Bomb 150g – £5 (Boots in store and online )
This Ariel bath bomb is shaped like a shell and smells like coconut, for the full tropical island experience.
It’s also part of Boots’ 3 for 2 Christmas deal, meaning you’ll get the cheapest item for free when you buy three gifts.
12. Fizz Creations Make Your Own Dinosaur – £5 (Boots in store and online)
This kit includes everything your youngster needs to make their own dinosaur from clay.
It comes with five different coloured doughs so kids can let their imaginations run wild.
You’ll also get a sculpting tool to add detail to your dino.
13. So Crafty Deer Crochet Kit – £3.99 (Aldi in store and online)
Make your own Rudolph with this reindeer crochet kit.
It comes with a crochet hook, needle, six bundles of yarn, stuffing and of course instructions.
It’s available in Aldi stores and you can also get it online.
14. Minions 3-In-1 Game – £3.49 (Aldi in store and online)
The Minions 3-In-1 Game includes 50 playing cards and 20 card counters.
This pack includes bingo, snap and matching games to keep the kids entertained.
Shoppers can pick this up in an Aldi store or online.
15. Play-Doh Single Can – £1 (Sainsbury’s in store and online)
A classic tub of Play-Doh could make an ideal stocking filler.
It’s just £1 but can provide endless hours of fun, and you can can keep it in the plastic container so it lasts for longer.
16. Professor Puzzle Monogram Cross Stitch – £3.50 (Sainsbury’s in store and online)
Create a unique craft piece to brighten up your room with this alphabet cross stitch.
It is perfect for beginners and comes with step-by-step instructions to create your own handmade work of art.
The canvas measures 16cm by 16cm so will easily fit into a stocking.
17. Crayola Bright Supertips 12 per pack – £3.99 (Morrisons in store and online)
Colouring pens are a classic gift that will provide hours of fun if your little one likes getting creative.
This pack of Crayolas from Morrisons comes with 12 felt-tips in a range of colours.
18. Marvel Spider-man 500 Stickers Activity book – £3.99 (Morrisons in store and online)
Marvel fans will love this Spider-man activity and sticker book.
It would make a great stocking filler and comes with more than 30 pages of activities themed around the web-slinging superhero.
There’s also 500 stickers inside the book – perfect for a Spidey superfan.
Gifts for women
19. Friends Trivia Quiz 2nd Edition – £5 (Next in store and online)
This Christmas could be The One with all the Friends Facts with this trivia quiz all about the popular ’90s sitcom.
Play against friends and family to find out who can remember Chandler’s middle name or Joey’s robotic sidekick.
20. Selection of books – three for £5 (The Works in store and online)
If you’re shopping for a bookworm, The Works has a deal that is worth checking out.
The Works has hundreds of books to choose from in its three for £5 deal, making it a perfect place to bag a stocking filler bargain.
If you don’t fancy two extra books, they’re on sale individually for just £2.
21. Faux Fur Eye Mask (24cm x 13cm) – £3.50 (Matalan in store and online)
This Matalan eye mask is finished in pink faux fur with a gold foil print – adding a festive touch.
The retailer also sells matching faux fur hot water bottles to complete the cosy combo.
22. Grey Leopard Faux Fur Mule Slippers – £5 (Matalan in store and online)
Treat your mum, partner or friend with some comfy slippers this Christmas.
These classic mule slippers feature a soft sole with grey leopard print faux fur.
23. Christmas Scallop Trim Slogan Purse (12cm x 9cm) – £3.50 (Matalan in store and online)
These pretty scallop purses will keep your loved one’s cash safe and secure.
They come in a range of colours with motivational gold or silver foil prints, including “Make Today Amazing” and “Living The Dream”.
24. Swizzels Candle – Chupa Chups Cherry – 89p (B&M in store and online)
This relaxing candle is designed to smell like a classic cherry Chupa Chup lolly – and it’s only 89p.
Other scents in the range include Drumstick Squashies, Rainbow Drops and Parma Violets.
You can also get Chupa Chup lollies-scented candles based on Strawberry, Strawberry and Cream and Lime and Lemon flavours.
25. Fruity Bath Fizzers 4pk – £3 (B&M in store and online)
These £3 B&M fruity bath fizzers will make be a great stocking filler gift.
They’ll add some colour and fragrance to a relaxing bath this Christmas.
The set includes avocado, watermelon, peach and strawberry bath bombs.
26. Sanctuary Spa Hand and Nail Duo Gift Set – £4 (Boots in store and online)
This Sanctuary Spa gift set from Boots contains everything your loved one needs to pamper their hands and nails.
It includes a mini hand cream with almond oil and shea butter for moisturised and protected skin.
27. Joules Lip Balm Trio gift set – £5 (Boots in store and online)
Here’s another great option if you want to treat a friend or family member this Christmas.
The Joules set includes three lip balms with honey, elderflower and blackberry scents.
All the lip balms are vegan-friendly and aren’t tested on animals.
28. Yankee Small Jar – White Pine Cones – £5 (Tesco in store and online)
Candles are a great for some relaxation time and make a lovely stocking filler.
Bring the smell of Christmas to your home with this pine cone-scented Yankee candle.
This single-wick candle is housed in a glass jar with lid to preserve and contain the fragrance when not in use
29. Powdered Stones Calm Stress Ball – £3 (Tesco in store and online)
Take the stress out of the festive period.
This stress squeezer should help you feel calm all year round.
It is only suitable for ages three and over.
30. Shot2go mini photo calendar 2022 – £3.50 (Boots in store and online)
It’s always nice to give a personalised gift at Christmas time.
You can create your own 2022 mini photo calendar with this present from Boots.
It holds 12 photos and includes a template to trim your photos to size.
Just print out photos of your favourite memories and attach using the self-adhesive tape.
31. Read My Lips Brussel Pouts Brussels Flavoured Lip Balm 4g – £3 (Boots in store and online)
Love them or hate them, brussel sprouts are an essential part of Christmas.
This lip balm is brussel sprouts scented, making it a quirky and fun festive stocking filler.
32. Gin Liqueur Baubles 3x5cl – £5 (Sainsbury’s in store and online)
For the gin lover in your life, these baubles make a lovely Christmas decoration and treat.
It’s a grown up version of Christmas tree chocolates.
But they might not last long on the tree before the gin liqueur has been sampled!
33. Sainsbury’s Hot Chocolate Bombe 45g – £1.50 (Sainsbury’s in store and online)
You can’t go wrong with chocolate at Christmas.
This hot chocolate bombe is a hollow milk chocolate ball filled with vanilla flavour marshmallows.
34. A Brew Will See You Through Mug – £2.48 (Sainsbury’s in store and online)
Pop this slogan mug into the stocking of any of your tea-loving friends or family.
The glazed mug, emblazoned with the positive “A Brew Will See you Through” slogan, makes an ideal gift.
Gifts for men
35. The Biggest Pub Joke Book Ever – £4 (The Works in store and online)
Whether you’re down the pub with a group of friends or relaxing with family, this joke book will bring a smile to your face.
It’s packed full of more than 1,500 best quality pub jokes for every occasion.
36. Texas Bbq Milk Chocolate Bar – £3.75 (NotOnTheHighStreet.com online only)
This sweet and savoury treat is a twist on the classic chocolate bar.
It includes beef stock, Texas spice and chilli in milk chocolate.
The chocolate bar is ideal for enjoying as a snack – and it can even be used in cooking to add an extra flavour to your dish.
37. Dove Men+Care Mini Essentials Tin Gift Set – £4 (Wilko in store and online)
This Dove Men+ Care Mini Essentials Tin gift set includes travel essentials.
The set contains two body washes and one deodrant in a handy reusable tin.
The body wash and antiperspirant come in travel sizes suitable for everyday use.
38. Stella Artois Premium Lager & Chalice Gift Pack 330ml – £5 (Sainsbury’s in store and online)
Treat your loved one to a beer and a special Stella Artois pint glass this Christmas.
It includes a 330ml bottle of the premium lager and comes with the branded chalice.
39. Bike lights – £5 (Sainsbury’s in store and online)
Keen cyclists will appreciate finding these bike lights in their stocking.
The set of two silicone clip-on bike lights are water resistant and include a constant and flashing function – as well as ultra-bright LEDs.
The Scott and Lawson set comes with two lights, one for each wheel, and are battery-powered.
40. Mens Christmas Cosy Socks – Reinbeer – £4 (B&M in store only)
Get in the Christmas spirit with these festive socks, which are perfect for keeping warm on cold winter nights.
The Reinbeer design comes in one size.
Other designs are also available, including sprouts, Christmas lights and Santa themed socks.
41. Hands Free Phone and Tablet holder £4 – (B&M in store only)
This handsfree phone and tablet holder is great for streaming or recording videos.
It clips onto tables up to three inches thick for convenient hands free viewing.
And it securely fits smartphones and tablets with up to 10.5 inch screens.
42. Beard Buddy Styling Kit – £5 (B&M in store only)
This grooming kit contains everything the man in your life needs to keep his beard looking smart.
It includes beard scissors, a comb and beard oil for just £5.
43. Mug and Tool Set – Pedal Power – £5 (B&M in store only)
B&M are selling a mug gift set that comes with a handy tool.
There’s three mug designs – cycling, golf and DIY – and each comes with the relevant tool.
So your loved one can enjoy a brew while enjoying their favourite hobby.
44. Olly’s Nuts – Sweet & Spicy 100g – £3 (Boots in store and online)
Edible stocking fillers never disappoint on Christmas day.
This luxury snack pack includes caramelised sesame peanuts, chilli battered peanuts and hickory smocked almonds.
They’re also high in fibre and a great source of protein – so at least you’ll have some healthy snacks on the big day.
45. MINI JOKES Dad Jokes – £4 (Boots in store and online)
Let out your silly side with this set of dad jokes.
The set includes 50 double-sided cards with 100 jokes filled with terrible puns, observations, and lines so bad that they’re funny.
Children and adults will both enjoy some of the corny humour.
46. Tiptree Brandy Butter 170g – £3.50 (Boots in store and online)
This gift would make a great stocking filler for any of your foodie friends and family.
Brandy Butter is a rich sweet sauce with a festive kick.
The butter is served cold and provides a great contrast with a hot Christmas pudding.
47. George Home Coolest Dad Mug – £2 (Asda in store and online)
Make your dad smile this Christmas with this thoughtful mug.
It’s just £2 from George at Asda and is dishwasher and microwave safe.
48. Terry’s Milk Chocolate Orange Exploding Candy – £1 (Asda in store and online)
Everyone loves a classic Terry’s chocolate orange – especially during the festive season.
But this is a chocolate orange with a twist for an extra special stocking filler.
It’s got popping candy in, as well as the orange flavoured chocolate that you’d expect.
49. Lynx Ice Chill Duo Gift Set – £4 (Tesco in store and online)
Tesco is selling a Lynx gift set for all day freshness that will make a great stocking filler.
The Ice Chill set includes a body spray and body wash.
50. Wallet Hero – £1 (Poundland in store only)
This wallet hero is the perfect stocking filler this Christmas.
The handy card helps you to open boxes, letters, cans and bottles, is a ruler, screwdriver, spanner and a phone stand.
It all comes in the perfect size to fit in your wallet.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The Sun Money team?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/16355820/best-50-stocking-fillers-for-under-5-pounds/ Best 50 stocking fillers for under £5 from B&M, Tesco and Next