RAFAEL NADAL is looking for his 21st Grand Slam title when he takes on Daniil Medvedev in Melbourne.
But the Spaniard entered this match in a strangely inferior position to the Russian in form.
Nadal has experienced a four-set semi-final against Matteo Berrettini as he bid to win his first Australian Open championship since 2009.
World number two Medvedev meanwhile was a four-set winner against Stefanos Tsitsipas in the other semi-final.
The pair have only met once at a previous Grand Slam tournament, when Nadal won the right to the final of the US Open 2019 in five sets.
And Medvedev says he’s out for revenge.
He commented: “It’s definitely revenge for the US Open 2019. But at the same time, it’s a different place and it’s a new final.
“Every final is always new. If you think too much about the past it’s not good either. We know that he will be 21.
“I don’t want to say that my goal is to stop him from doing that. My goal is to win the game. In fact, with that, I don’t want him to play first on Sunday.
“I will do everything I can, I will give everything, physically, mentally, physically, the best form of tennis because that’s the only way I can beat him in a final.”
What time does the men’s Australian Open final start?
- Rafael Nadal takes on Daniil Medvedev on Sunday, January 30.
- The match kicks off at 8:30am UK time – 9:30pm local time.
- It will be played at Rod Laver Arena.
- The last time the two players met, Medvedev won 3-6, 7-6 (6-4), 6-3 at the ATP Finals in London in 2020.
What channel is the men’s Australian Open final on and can I stream it?
- Live Rafael Nadal vs Daniil Medvedev on Eurosport.
- To live stream the action, visit Explore + and subscribe for £7.99/month.
- Amazon Prime Video Subscribers can get a discount of £6.99/month on Discovery+ subscriptions.
Rafael Nadal 6/4
Daniil Medvedev 8/15
* Odds from Betfair on Saturday, January 29
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17480453/nadal-vs-medvedev-australian-open-final-uk-start-time-tv-channel-live-stream/ Australian Open finals 2022 men