News

Astroworld: Travis Scott Houston festival stage falls below 40 days after crowd spike leaves 10 concertgoers dead

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) – The Astroworld Festival stage at Houston’s NRG Park, which has remained in place since a mob mob killed 10 spectators during rapper Travis Scott’s performance on Nov. , began to go down on Wednesday.

In the 40 days since tens of thousands of people crammed into the relatively small space for Scott’s third Astroworld music festival in his hometown, investigators, both law enforcement and attorneys general representing the victim, collected and photographed evidence at the site, requesting a stage setting to remain in place.

On Wednesday, SkyEye caught crew members on heavy machinery disconnecting lighting fixtures and wiring.

Civil attorneys involved in the various lawsuits told ABC13 they were not surprised the stage was dismantled. Most have taken some photos and videos. Sources said the attorneys’ access to the site ended more than a week ago.

NRG Park, which is expected to return the stage area to an open parking lot, did not comment on Wednesday’s activities.

Houston police said there were no criminal updates in the investigation. In addition, the official cause of death of the victims has not yet been determined.

On the civil side, about 300 lawsuits have been filed. Civil lawsuits can often drag on for years.

Last week, Scott said in an interview conducted more than a month after the tragedy that he had never heard a cry for help while on stage. He has insisted that he would stop the show if he had a feeling that people were in danger.

SEE MORE: Travis Scott told Charlamagne Tha God he never heard a fan’s cry for help

This was despite the fact that he throughout the show pointed out an ambulance trying to make its way through the crowd, a moment captured during an Apple Music live stream of his performance.

The victim’s attorneys later expressed frustration with Scott for not apologizing and shirking responsibility.

SEE MORE: Astroworld Aftermath – What Really Happened At Travis Scott’s Houston Festival

Lawyers have sought to incorporate nearly 300 lawsuits filed a lawsuit against Scott and other parties over the tragedy.

Eight people died at this location. Two others, including a senior Texas A&M student and the youngest victim, a 9-year-old boy, died at the hospital in the following days.

We are following the latest developments in the aftermath of Astroworld. Get updates from Miya Shay on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Copyright © 2021 KTRK-TV. Copyright Registered.

https://abc13.com/astroworld-travis-scott-festival-deaths-houston-concert-nrg-park/11343983/ Astroworld: Travis Scott Houston festival stage falls below 40 days after crowd spike leaves 10 concertgoers dead

Dais Johnston

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimetoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button